A failed major disqualification attempt....1980...40 years ago

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

The disqualification ruling was made several months after the event.

22 hours ago, Bob984 said:

1982............he was on the percussion staff starting in 1979..............

And I think to be clear, Hopkins did not become director until after the 82 season. I believe Dr. Richard Santo was still director for the 1982 season and then handed the reigns to GH. So I believe GH's first full season was the 83 summer.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

And I think to be clear, Hopkins did not become director until after the 82 season. I believe Dr. Richard Santo was still director for the 1982 season and then handed the reigns to GH. So I believe GH's first full season was the 83 summer.

Your are correct (I was on staff from 1979-1983)................

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FTNK said:

Crazy but sadly unsurprising that DCI has essentially given the death sentence to corps for one overage member, but let corps who enabled serial abusers and rapists to slide like it’s no big deal. Business as usual...

I do get your point.  I wanted to clarify something though......the corps that were DQ'd for overage may have only had one individual pointed out that was overage (in the Bridgemen's case, they were ineligible, as they were going to turn 22 during the season, but they never actually marched someone who was 22......the other 3 corps did........and I know for a fact that two of the corps dq'd  had more overage members than just the one that they were caught with  (and one had a large number).....I won't go into it, but one had 3 and the other one had alot.........