Looks like you’re stuck with Flo...

7 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

For those hoping that DCI would move away from FloSports, I’ve got some bad news for you.  DCI and Flo have extended their agreement through 2026.  Boom.

Any idea 44 who else may have submitted a bid or is this just wishful thinking?

• Like 1

I had no hopes it would happen...not many other good options at affordable prices that can blast Rocket Mortgage ads at 3 times the volume of the corps performances

• Like 3

Is the bright side Drum Corps may still not be back by then?..

• Like 1

If Flo even makes it to 2026.  I mean, I ended my subscription but the only things on there other than marching arts were largely high school and some small college sports. And those are pretty much in the same boat at marching arts right now.   

Where do they get their income to stay afloat? I'd be stunned if they landed anything substantial after the MLS fiascoes when all the teams they'd contracted with actually ENDED using Flo before the season/contract was up and streamed on their websites for the end of that season.  

They must have some really good talkers going around to really dumb venture capitalists saying, "streaming online sports man...it's the future!" 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

If Flo even makes it to 2026.  I mean, I ended my subscription but the only things on there other than marching arts were largely high school and some small college sports. And those are pretty much in the same boat at marching arts right now.   

Where do they get their income to stay afloat? I'd be stunned if they landed anything substantial after the MLS fiascoes when all the teams they'd contracted with actually ENDED using Flo before the season/contract was up and streamed on their websites for the end of that season.  

They must have some really good talkers going around to really dumb venture capitalists saying, "streaming online sports man...it's the future!" 

Was going to check which colleges use Flo. My old Division II college has its own set up for broadcasting games on the web. Started as subscribe to get to football playoffs but was showing basketball games (men and women’s) openly before the plug was pulled. College has a big IT department and has had its own tv and radio station for decades which I’m sure helps. And noticed some of the other Div II schools in the conference were also broadcasting. (At least you see that schools ads if the game was at that school)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

15 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

For those hoping that DCI would move away from FloSports, I’ve got some bad news for you.

DCI and Flo have extended their agreement through 2026.

Boom.

Oh I’m sure there were hundreds of great options competing for this streaming business ! Not 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

let's be honest streaming anything is the now in many cases. thats why we have netflix, disney plus, amazon prime, you name it