1975 Purple Lancers

Before I started this post, i did a search to see if I could find anything, NADA! They had a great 1974 season and then appear to have just vanished. Can anyone provide information what happened?

3 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

Before I started this post, i did a search to see if I could find anything, NADA! They had a great 1974 season and then appear to have just vanished. Can anyone provide information what happened?

Interesting I thought they were one of the corps that merged to form Avant Garde. Right year, right(?) location but dcxmuseum has Spiegelaires and Bethesda Emerald Knights as the corps that formed Avant Garde

i have a hunch several went to the Rochester Phoenix DCA corps that came out of nowhere

The Avant Garde merger was among corps north of Albany.  Purple Lancers were from Auburn, which is 140 miles west of there (past Syracuse).

IIRC, they were planning for a 1975 season, listed in lineups of shows... until financial/organizational issues caught up with them in the spring.