DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just threw up in my mouth a little.

Now is Varsity connected with “Cheer” in any way? Not interested enough to follow closely but thought occurred to me as Varsity and DCI talking and you know who supposedly getting ready to plead...

With the way it is posted in this thread you or I and folks reading the thread would think so right? But I don't think they are connected. Maybe Cheer used some of Varsity products but from what I can see Varsity is not a part of the Cheer tv show. 

In my opinion It is disappointing in the way the info is posted here and not explained. 

Cheer was also on netflix correct? Netflix has no responsibility to its customers I guess. 

Bolded part is incorrect and it does seem that Cheer is in control of the two federations of cheerleading that Harris was working for. 

Edited by E3D

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just threw up in my mouth a little.

Now is Varsity connected with “Cheer” in any way? Not interested enough to follow closely but thought occurred to me as Varsity and DCI talking and you know who supposedly getting ready to plead...

yes they are. and they gave loans to start the two "federations" in chrge of enforcing the "rules" and set it up so they have controlling interests on their boards

i do know of one corps who plans on asking some questions about this

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes they are. and they gave loans to start the two "federations" in chrge of enforcing the "rules" and set it up so they have controlling interests on their boards

Yes it does seem they are. So was the person arrested a direct employee of Varsity or the two federations? 

58 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i do know of one corps who plans on asking some questions about this

Every company out in the real world has exposure and could literally hire a perv. Usually background checks get rid of the ones who have been caught but predators are out there all the time. 

So what will questions do? What type of questions? Lets hope its not someone who acts and speaks like that clown on drumcorps af. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 11:15 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 12:21 AM, E3D said:

Every company out in the real world has exposure and could literally hire a perv. Usually background checks get rid of the ones who have been caught but predators are out there all the time. 

So what will questions do? What type of questions? Lets hope its not someone who acts and speaks like that clown on drumcorps af. 

nm

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

"Questions", in this case, seems to be similar to "thoughts and prayers" in its use, i.e. lip service unseriously spewed to deflect accusations of heartlessness.

You have info on this that you can share? Otherwise sounds like you are blowing it off without knowing one way or the other.

17 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm only going to say that I don't live in a binary world, Jim, and I don't give two shoots what you think I sound like.

You and I have a history of failing to engage civilly.  Let's not go down that road again here.  Thanks.

So do you have any info you can share?