DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

18 hours ago, garfield said:

Is there something wrong with an organizing force setting up rules for a brand new activity they envisioned?  Hmm...  This sounds strikingly similar to drum corps circa 1973.  Why the parenthesis?  Are they not real rules?  

Drum Corps makes its own "rules", too.  AF, they do, and they change them all the time to benefit those in the activity who are more able than others to operate under those "rules" and, ahem, "expectations".

Drum Corps had (has) skeletons in its closet, too, but it still tries to do what is best for the participant experience and promises to do, do better.  

So far, I'm only more convinced that Varsity and drum corps are made for each other; perfect partners, so to speak.

What happened in 1973?  I was there but since I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning I need a reminder.

And there certainly are skeletons in Drum Corp's closet and they haven't come out yet. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

back when Hopghazi broke, the world of cheerleading, dominated by Varsity was cited of an organization to follow when it came to how they do things. These articles show when it comes to keeping those with records of issues with Children, its as bad as drum corps. Maybe worse

You mean the  articles which show that Varsity maintained a list of sex offenders, but oops! 74 sex offenders were missed and are active in their activity? Do we really want to get in bed with these guys? I say no.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, garfield said:

I'm only going to say that I don't live in a binary world, Jim, and I don't give two shoots what you think I sound like.

You and I have a history of failing to engage civilly.  Let's not go down that road again here.  Thanks.

Some people think that excessive snark and sarcasm don’t constitute civil discourse. Count me in that number. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You have info on this that you can share? Otherwise sounds like you are blowing it off without knowing one way or the other.

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so he asked a straight forward question in a non argumentative way, and this is your non answer.  Please spare us the hypocrisy on your lectures of how discourse on DCP should be done.

nm

Edited by garfield

21 hours ago, garfield said:

"DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YA'?"  (credit: John Wayne in The Searchers.)

:ph34r:

This is the response I got when I reasked without the snark. You need to look in a mirror when you accuse others.... At least I never told anyone to STFU....

• Thanks 2

You have info on this that you can share? Otherwise sounds like you are blowing it off without knowing one way or the other.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Some people think that excessive snark and sarcasm don’t constitute civil discourse. Count me in that number. 

nm

Edited by garfield

22 hours ago, garfield said:

"DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YA'?"  (credit: John Wayne in The Searchers.)

:ph34r:

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

This is the response I got when I reasked without the snark. You need to look in a mirror when you accuse others.... At least I never told anyone to STFU....

nm

Edited by garfield

1 minute ago, garfield said:

You make a snarky statement.  I reply with a quote from a famous movie, and I'm accused by you and the Pope of DCP of being snarky.

Your initial statement is paraphrased "You haven't told me, so you obviously don't know so, therefor, you're just blowing it off".  

If you'll allow for a second that I'm not being snarky, you'd see that it was meant to suggest that "questions" might very well only mean passive statements with no actual outcome at all.  But NOOOOOO!  I'm snarky.  Got it.

Done.... time to find the ignore feature on this new version and quit feeding this.....