DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

You mean the  articles which show that Varsity maintained a list of sex offenders, but oops! 74 sex offenders were missed and are active in their activity? Do we really want to get in bed with these guys? I say no.

Ouch just saw this one... And ironic timing of GH supposedly going to plead soon. DCI needs to really keep their nose (or rear end) clean in this area. Going to be hard enough finding housing and other sites without something else hanging off DCIs neck like a dead albatross....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Had lower down instead of rear end... little too suggestive 😫
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

What happened in 1973?  I was there but since I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning I need a reminder.

And there certainly are skeletons in Drum Corp's closet and they haven't come out yet. 

DCI had its second championship 

41 minutes ago, garfield said:

Good bye.  I just don't care anymore.

Ah the heat in the kitchen too hot? You’re playing this game again? Or you just can’t answer a question without being an ########?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

back when Hopghazi broke, the world of cheerleading, dominated by Varsity was cited of an organization to follow when it came to how they do things. These articles show when it comes to keeping those with records of issues with Children, its as bad as drum corps. Maybe worse

Really?

Seems like we are missing the point of the latest Nadolny article.

This is not the Hopocalypse of cheer.  Rather, it is a parallel to the post-Hopkins situation where we chafe at the limitations of what a "governing body" can do to ensure its participating/affiliated teams refrain from employing sex offenders.

The bottom-line point of the article is how many accused, convicted and/or registered sex offenders they found that were not on "public-facing lists" of banned individuals maintained by the two cheerleading "governing organizations".  The article laments that "just 21 individuals" were on those ban lists, compared to far larger numbers of known offenders. 

Meanwhile, the corresponding number for DCI is ZERO.  DCI does not even have a public-facing ban list.

Maybe DCI can learn something (well, one thing) from Varsity.

• Thanks 5

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Really?

Seems like we are missing the point of the latest Nadolny article.

This is not the Hopocalypse of cheer.  Rather, it is a parallel to the post-Hopkins situation where we chafe at the limitations of what a "governing body" can do to ensure its participating/affiliated teams refrain from employing sex offenders.

The bottom-line point of the article is how many accused, convicted and/or registered sex offenders they found that were not on "public-facing lists" of banned individuals maintained by the two cheerleading "governing organizations".  The article laments that "just 21 individuals" were on those ban lists, compared to far larger numbers of known offenders. 

Meanwhile, the corresponding number for DCI is ZERO.  DCI does not even have a public-facing ban list.

Maybe DCI can learn something (well, one thing) from Varsity.

The problem is if you read both articles, Varsity created and pays for the “governing bodies”. 

• Thanks 1