DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Really?

Seems like we are missing the point of the latest Nadolny article.

This is not the Hopocalypse of cheer.  Rather, it is a parallel to the post-Hopkins situation where we chafe at the limitations of what a "governing body" can do to ensure its participating/affiliated teams refrain from employing sex offenders.

The bottom-line point of the article is how many accused, convicted and/or registered sex offenders they found that were not on "public-facing lists" of banned individuals maintained by the two cheerleading "governing organizations".  The article laments that "just 21 individuals" were on those ban lists, compared to far larger numbers of known offenders. 

Meanwhile, the corresponding number for DCI is ZERO.  DCI does not even have a public-facing ban list.

Maybe DCI can learn something (well, one thing) from Varsity.

Ok what is a “public facing list” in this case???

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ah the heat in the kitchen too hot? You’re playing this game again? Or you just can’t answer a question without being an ########?

You know, I took a couple of weeks off from posting on DCP because I was tired of the snarkfest. I even considered leaving for good. Now I feel like its safe to enter the forums again (for now 🤞). Maybe. Hopefully.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Good idea for DCI. Links to the reason(s) why ineligible are informative if gut retching.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

We use to have a judge in our county that would give someone convicted of a DUI the choice of jail time or publish their picture (mugshot) in the local paper.  These options were in addition to the monetary fine.  Talk about good times; I was always on the lookout for any band parents, faculty, or staff.   :guinesssmilie:    🚗   :spitting:      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

On 9/19/2020 at 10:54 PM, Jeff Ream said:

so he asked a straight forward question in a non argumentative way, and this is your non answer.  Please spare us the hypocrisy on your lectures of how discourse on DCP should be done.

Please spare us the know it all attitude and replies. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, Jeff Ream said:

Ah the heat in the kitchen too hot? You’re playing this game again? Or you just can’t answer a question without being an ########?

Mob pile on works both ways. Or you can't post without being an ########?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, E3D said:

Please spare us the know it all attitude and replies. 

I am sorry, was I addressing you? I asked an honest question