DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

48 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I think they're planning to make a plan to plan an announcement about a planned announcement down the road.  (I probably could have written that a little better, but I'm under the influence of sinus medicine.) No COVID test yet; I can still taste my food.   

Wow, DCI is more organized than I thought!

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Is this some kind of code?  Do I need to get my slang dictionary?  :guinesssmilie:

Let me rephrase.

DCI is essentially all about their member corps.

Open-class is an afterthought.

SoundSport is an afterthought to that afterthought.

The so-far hypothetical joint venture of Varsity and SoundSport into a fall season is an afterthought to an afterthought to an afterthought.  Worrisome as it is, as far as "partnerships" go, this one is shallow and limited in scope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oldsoprano said:

“Concern is what goes on outside of the center when people meet at restaurants, hotels, etc”. Glad someone was thinking enough to say that.

And TX event has gone virtual.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Concern is what goes on outside of the center when people meet at restaurants, hotels, etc”. Glad someone was thinking enough to say that.

And TX event has gone virtual.

Is it just me or is hosting an event like this that attracts 40k people just a tad bit irresponsible at this time?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, traverbanking said:

The partnership pool is the division of each year's profits to finance the DCI office and the world class corps. Open class corps ,Soundsport and Drum Line Battle see very little of this money.

yup. Varisty aka Stanbury gets exposure. World Class gets cash. well in normal times they get cash.

11 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Let me rephrase.

DCI is essentially all about their member corps.

Open-class is an afterthought.

SoundSport is an afterthought to that afterthought.

The so-far hypothetical joint venture of Varsity and SoundSport into a fall season is an afterthought to an afterthought to an afterthought.  Worrisome as it is, as far as "partnerships" go, this one is shallow and limited in scope.

well no. it's a strategy to increase revenue. what kept YEA afloat for decades? the band world. the tie ins all flow money upwards, just like the Gambino family

2 hours ago, Continental said:

Is it just me or is hosting an event like this that attracts 40k people just a tad bit irresponsible at this time?

find articles about Georgia teachers speaking up. why do you think DCI is planning to go to Indy for whatever they plan to do? looser restrictions. Why did Bostons PR announcement announce stuff being done in Texas? looser restrictions. Hell Iowa's governor just announced no restrictions at all now.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

find articles about Georgia teachers speaking up. why do you think DCI is planning to go to Indy for whatever they plan to do? looser restrictions. Why did Bostons PR announcement announce stuff being done in Texas? looser restrictions. Hell Iowa's governor just announced no restrictions at all now.

At what point does the health of the general public become important?

Give me a "C"

Give me an "O"

Give me a "V"

Give me an "I"

Give me a "D"

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1