Has DCI......

2 hours ago, Continental said:

There are stages to prove the effectiveness of a solution.  To get to that point benchmarks need to be met.

Thanks for the obvious, phase three trials underway 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

I think it’s still too early to even discuss. I know local winter colorguard and percussion circuits are struggling with their winter schedules. The common thread from school administration and activities directors is that they need to get through the fall season first. Then they will move on to winter and spring. Any discussions about outside groups needing or wanting access next summer aren’t on anyone’s radar right now. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, combia1 said:

I think it’s still too early to even discuss. I know local winter colorguard and percussion circuits are struggling with their winter schedules. The common thread from school administration and activities directors is that they need to get through the fall season first. Then they will move on to winter and spring. Any discussions about outside groups needing or wanting access next summer aren’t on anyone’s radar right now. 

And their basic thinking is "if we get through the fall season".  Most aren't optimistic about completing the first semester "in person".  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

maybe the news gets better with time, there are 70- vaccines in trial after all!

I know some people in medical research including one who works for one of the leading companies with vaccines in a phase three trial, and while none have divulged trade secrets and I would have no idea what they were talking about if they did, things are looking pretty optimistic. There is also the possibility  more than one effective vaccine.

Regarding protocols, while nothing has been finalized yet, a local news program stated that first responders and health care workers are at the top of the list, followed by people who deal with large portions of people, which is a bit fuzzy. There is discussion about where high risk people will fall. Some argue that they should be near the top, others believe those who could infect others, especially potentially infecting those with high risks should be a higher priority. Students living in dormitories could be in the category of those who encounter large portions of people, which could be an advantage for drum corps. We’ll have to wait and see.

9 minutes ago, Tim K said:

There is discussion about where high risk people will fall. Some argue that they should be near the top, others believe those who could infect others, especially potentially infecting those with high risks should be a higher priority.

Yeah tough call as some are high risk because of suppressed immune system or just not that strong physically. So is safe course get these people near the top of the list because of these issues? Or.... should these people wait to see if any side affects crop up as more people get the vaccine. And if the vaccine contains killed CV virus could the high risk person get a low grade case of CV which could be deadly. Same reason why doctor didn’t want my wife to get a flu shot unless it was the same strain as what was going around

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah tough call as some are high risk because of suppressed immune system or just not that strong physically. So is safe course get these people near the top of the list because of these issues? Or.... should these people wait to see if any side affects crop up as more people get the vaccine. And if the vaccine contains killed CV virus could the high risk person get a low grade but potently case of CV which could be deadly. Same reason why doctor didn’t want my wife to get a flu shot unless it was the same strain as what was going around

I know someone who doesn't get the flu shot because it brought on seizures. Anyway, I don't get when people talk about " High Risk Population " like it's a few people in this country. With all  high risk in this country for hundreds of reasons from the very young to the very old what is it, millions of people? Doesn't seem so isolated as some want you to believe. JMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I know someone who doesn't get the flu shot because it brought on seizures. Anyway, I don't get when people talk about " High Risk Population " like it's a few people in this country. With all  high risk in this country for hundreds of reasons from the very young to the very old what is it, millions of people? Doesn't seem so isolated as some want you to believe. JMO

Those percentages really add up when we consider 1% is over 3 million people. Have a distant relative considered high risk due to two cancer bouts, heart attack he should not have survived and not the best respiratory system due to chain smoking in the past. Take each of those issues one by one and figure the percentage of people with the same (Single) issue. My wife had neurological and other issues that weakened her. Like you said not many realize how many people deal with hidden issues like this.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Those percentages really add up when we consider 1% is over 3 million people. Have a distant relative considered high risk due to two cancer bouts, heart attack he should not have survived and not the best respiratory system due to chain smoking in the past. Take each of those issues one by one and figure the percentage of people with the same (Single) issue. My wife had neurological and other issues that weakened her. Like you said not many realize how many people deal with hidden issues like this.

more than 34 million people ( if research is right ) with Diabetes  , and that's just 1 thing

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, keystone3ply said:

No way they could commit at this time.  We usually house a top 12 corps every summer but there's no way our administration could commit at this time.  
Our school as every other school system is just day to day.  🤧😷 

Our school system's status:  we're currently meeting in person following every CDC protocol with some success.  Still sending some students home with quarantine procedures as well.  We're going strictly virtual the entire week of Labor Day as a "preemptive strike" to try & stay open longer into the fall.

With that said, I think it's only a matter of time before we have to shut down & transition to 100% virtual.  😭

Drove by a very large High School on Friday. Band was out practicing on the parking lot. 

On my way to the post office yesterday I passed the Soccer fields at the YMCA. PACKED absolutely packed with teams playing games. 

No more shutdowns should help things move along with treatments and vaccines we will make more progress. 

• Thanks 1