Has DCI......

On 9/6/2020 at 8:58 PM, E3D said:

Drove by a very large High School on Friday. Band was out practicing on the parking lot. 

On my way to the post office yesterday I passed the Soccer fields at the YMCA. PACKED absolutely packed with teams playing games. 

No more shutdowns should help things move along with treatments and vaccines we will make more progress. 

I hope you're right but I just have a "gut" feeling that we won't make it through the end of our football season.  Our school has a great plan with protocols in place to alleviate the spread of the virus but kids ae going be kids & we're all human "letting down our guard" at times.  Our first home game last Friday was senior night which was moved from the last home ballgame.  Of course, the seniors & parents didn't wear their mask during the ceremony.  (For pictures I guess)  Then I saw so many students & fans not following the state mask mandate.  Stadium was suppose to be at 50% capacity & we also have a school mask mandate, but we may have been a little over the 50% & there were several fans not following the mask policy.  

We're currently operating on a hybrid teaching model, but we're going strictly virtual for the next couple of weeks after the Labor Day holiday as a preemptive strike to stop the spread.  This is based on all of the data following the Memorial Day & July 4th holidays where we saw significant spikes in cases.  We're hoping this will allow student/faculty/staff that may contract the virus over the weekend a "quarantine period" for it to manifest before their return to allow our school system to stay open for the long run.

Will it work?  Don't know but it sounds good on paper.  But we have hired extra medical staff, purchased infrared thermometers, & a deep cleaning/sanitizing crew for the night shift.  We've also created more spacing for desk, students eating lunch in their rooms, & created a "one way traffic" for the hallways.  But we're still sending a few students home every day that start displaying symptoms.  If we ever reach the 20% absentee benchmark, then we'll transition to 100% virtual.  I hope & pray we're able to stay open.   

This is happening in a secondary school system operating on the hybrid model with about 15-20% students choosing the virtual model.  To my knowledge to date, we've had about 5-10 faculty members test positive of our entire k-12 school system.  (That data is not shared to the public but comes from the teachers & their co-workers which usually makes it to social media.). Some systems in our area are sharing their data with the public as I think they or the state health department should. These are not scare tactics; these are the facts that are happening 'on the ground' over the past couple of weeks since we opened our school system on August 24th.                 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I hope you're right but I just a "gut" feeling that we won't make it through the end of our football season.  Our school has a great plan with protocols in place to alleviate the spread of the virus but kids ae going be kids & we're all human "letting down our guard" at times.  Our first home game last Friday was senior night which was moved from the last home ballgame.  Of course, the seniors & parents didn't wear their mask during the ceremony.  (For pictures I guess)  Then I saw so many students & fans not following the state mask mandate.  Stadium was suppose to be at 50% capacity & we also have a school mask mandate, but we may have been a little over the 50% & there were several fans not following the mask policy.  

We're currently operating on a hybrid teaching model, but we're going strictly virtual for the next couple of weeks after the Labor Day holiday as a preemptive strike to stop the spread.  This is based on all of the data following the Memorial Day & July 4th holidays where we saw significant spikes in cases.  We're hoping this will allow student/faculty/staff that may contract the virus over the weekend a "quarantine period" for it to manifest before their return to allow our school system to stay open for the long run.

Will it work?  Don't know but it sounds good on paper.  But we have hired extra medical staff, purchased infrared thermometers, & a deep cleaning/sanitizing crew for the night shift.  We've also created more spacing for desk, students eating lunch in their rooms, & created a "one way traffic" for the hallways.  But we're still sending a few students home every day that start displaying symptoms.  If we ever reach the 20% absentee benchmark, then we'll transition to 100% virtual.  I hope & pray we're able to stay open.   

This is happening in a secondary school system operating on the hybrid model with about 15-20% students choosing the virtual model.  To my knowledge to date, we've had about 5-10 faculty members test positive of our entire k-12 school system.  (That data is not shared to the public but comes from the teachers & their co-workers which usually makes it to social media.). Some systems in our area are sharing their data with the public as I think they or the state health department should. These are not scare tactics; these are the facts that are happening 'on the ground' over the past couple of weeks since we opened our school system on August 24th.                 

During flu season's in the past school in the USA have had to close in the past.

About the masks - If it is outdoors and you distance from someone that is not as bad as indoors. I'm not sure these state mask mandates are enforceable for masks. Obviously there is a double standard or hypocrisy when it comes to masks. These non mask wearing types have the right to not wear a mask, even with the political over reach of a mask mandate. 

Once they get this vaccine started up things will get much better. Everyone should take the vaccine when it becomes available for them. 

I wonder how the Chinese vaccine is working in Peru? I believe Johnson & Johnson start up their vaccine in Peru this month sometime. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

About the masks - If it is outdoors and you distance from someone that is not as bad as indoors. I'm not sure these state mask mandates are enforceable for masks. Obviously there is a double standard or hypocrisy when it comes to masks. These non mask wearing types have the right to not wear a mask, even with the political over reach of a mask mandate. 

If someone is not wearing a mask and does social distancing I’m not worried. It’s the ying yangs who do neither sicken me (no pun intended). I asked one of them if they would feel responsible if they caught CV and passed it to someone else. Response was “no.. why should I feel responsible?”. And the fallback is “they can stay home if they are scared”. OK everyone else change their life so someone doesn’t have to do anything for the sake of others. Bizarre part is this person listed “Christian” on his profile and flipped when another person said his attitude towards others wasn’t Christian. 😖

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, E3D said:

During flu season's in the past school in the USA have had to close in the past.

Once they get this vaccine started up things will get much better. Everyone should take the vaccine when it becomes available for them. 

I wonder how the Chinese vaccine is working in Peru? I believe Johnson & Johnson start up their vaccine in Peru this month sometime. 

Our state uses the 20% benchmark for flu dismissal.  They say they're going to apply the same percentage to COVID-19 but
then there's the 14-day quarantine rule.  That can wipe out an entire history hall. 🤔😷   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

41 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Per IOC:  Olympics will start with or without COVID:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tokyo-olympics-ahead-without-covid-034318007.html

That is great news. Japan has been back to school for more than 5 months now, seems to be working out for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If someone is not wearing a mask and does social distancing I’m not worried. It’s the ying yangs who do neither sicken me (no pun intended). I asked one of them if they would feel responsible if they caught CV and passed it to someone else. Response was “no.. why should I feel responsible?”. And the fallback is “they can stay home if they are scared”. OK everyone else change their life so someone doesn’t have to do anything for the sake of others. Bizarre part is this person listed “Christian” on his profile and flipped when another person said his attitude towards others wasn’t Christian. 😖

If that person happens to get this then I do hope they get to the back of the line at the ER

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Per IOC:  Olympics will start with or without COVID:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tokyo-olympics-ahead-without-covid-034318007.html

Yah.  Japan has things under control.  I imagine this is going to come with restrictions though. i.e. athletes going will need to abide by Japan's restrictions in order to participate.  Which shouldn't be a problem but probably will.  And i bet it'll be at least a few US delegation violation stories.  

For those wanting to attend as spectators, I'm betting all standard immigration restrictions will apply.  Which will put a big damper on a lot of nations' and particularly the US's ability to travel there.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

When I was reading your reply I did not realize it was not real life until I got the part of your post regarding profiles. Social media can be a rough playhouse. When people get into questioning someone else faith or beliefs its not going to be a very good conversation. After all even Christian's commit sin's. 

Hey I'm not sure either the "Ying's" or the "Yang's" have anything to do with your worries about people doing neither distancing or wearing masks. In today's safety pin coronabro world that phrase might not work. :peek:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

When I was reading your reply I did not realize it was not real life until I got the part of your post regarding profiles. Social media can be a rough playhouse. When people get into questioning someone else faith or beliefs its not going to be a very good conversation. After all even Christian's commit sin's. 

Hey I'm not sure either the "Ying's" or the "Yang's" have anything to do with your worries about people doing neither distancing or wearing masks. In today's safety pin coronabro world that phrase might not work. :peek:

Real life: going out and having ######## near me or others (well within 6 feet) without a mask. It’s not a “worry” it’s what really goes on so don’t tell me it’s not real life. Maybe in your area people don’t do this but they do around mine. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2