Has DCI......

19 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yah.  Japan has things under control.  I imagine this is going to come with restrictions though. i.e. athletes going will need to abide by Japan's restrictions in order to participate.  Which shouldn't be a problem but probably will.  And i bet it'll be at least a few US delegation violation stories.  

For those wanting to attend as spectators, I'm betting all standard immigration restrictions will apply.  Which will put a big damper on a lot of nations' and particularly the US's ability to travel there.  

I had plans to attend the track and field along with the marathon event this past summer. I will be going next summer so I hope to attend those events. Right now the only way for someone other than DOD personnel to get into Japan is with "exceptional circumstances". The latest from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the travel restrictions and ban's will be revised prior to or just after the New Year. 

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Real life: going out and having ######## near me or others (well within 6 feet) without a mask. It’s not a “worry” it’s what really goes on so don’t tell me it’s not real life. Maybe in your area people don’t do this but they do around mine. 

Sorry but the conversation you described I thought was another personal encounter at a shop etc. Then when you mentioned the profile info I realized it was from an interweb interaction. No reason to get sensitive with your worries. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, E3D said:

Sorry but the conversation you described I thought was another personal encounter at a shop etc. Then when you mentioned the profile info I realized it was from an interweb interaction. No reason to get sensitive with your worries. 

Sorry for the confusion but yeah the original post started as person to person and then went to an online discussion that really went south.

Purpose for the online discussion was to try to understand the persons reasoning for “not my responsibility if someone catches CV from me”. Then another person jumped in and got so bizarre I deleted what I posted. Didn’t want to feed whatever this persons problem was....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

even if a vaccine is due soon, who gets it first? Will there be enough for all? Are the distribution channels set up? What will or won't insurance or the government cover?

20 hours ago, Tim K said:

I know some people in medical research including one who works for one of the leading companies with vaccines in a phase three trial, and while none have divulged trade secrets and I would have no idea what they were talking about if they did, things are looking pretty optimistic. There is also the possibility  more than one effective vaccine.

Regarding protocols, while nothing has been finalized yet, a local news program stated that first responders and health care workers are at the top of the list, followed by people who deal with large portions of people, which is a bit fuzzy. There is discussion about where high risk people will fall. Some argue that they should be near the top, others believe those who could infect others, especially potentially infecting those with high risks should be a higher priority. Students living in dormitories could be in the category of those who encounter large portions of people, which could be an advantage for drum corps. We’ll have to wait and see.

there's a vaccine protocol in place and adopted, essentially 130 million americans up first in three phases starting with first responders/medical providers, high-risk then elderly in care facilities, essential workers involved in food production are also in this group:

it's based on

https://www.hhs.gov/vaccines/national-vaccine-plan/index.html

Health care professionals (incl. LTCF staff) public health closed temporary mass vaccination clinics + potential for mobile clinics Essential workers (specifics TBA – public health closed temporary mass vaccination clinics + potential for mobile clinics National Security populations public health closed temporary mass va

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/phase-1-vaccination-planning-scenarios-8-27/e0b519d686f4dda5/full.pdf

• Like 1

currently federal scientist are working with the states to prep, lots of things needed as you can imagine sub-70 freezers etc:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/09/02/909014567/cdc-asks-states-to-plan-for-potential-vaccine-distribution-starting-in-late-octo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

even if a vaccine is due soon, who gets it first? Will there be enough for all? Are the distribution channels set up? What will or won't insurance or the government cover?

the President got all the largest health insurance firms to make it covered

no copay

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/insurance/us-expects-insurers-cover-covid-vaccine-without-copays#:~:text=U.S. officials said Tuesday they,are developed and become available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

currently federal scientist are working with the states to prep, lots of things needed as you can imagine sub-70 freezers etc:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/09/02/909014567/cdc-asks-states-to-plan-for-potential-vaccine-distribution-starting-in-late-octo

Love that word.... prep

Maybe we can learn something from this after all..... 

And few more days is 19th anniversary of 9/11. Seems like a million years ago when felt like everyone was putting differences aside for the good of the country. (But working at a military base during that gives one a different perspective)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I have heard that getting enough bottles to put vaccine in may be an issue.  Hope this is not case but wouldn’t surprise me if it was.   

Maybe goal should be oral vaccine - then the gov’t could put it in the water (assuming it would not corrupt our precious bodily fluids).

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

this isn't a Trump bash this is  a politician bash...i'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1