Has DCI......

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think that this might be the crux of the miscommunication. As I mentioned in another thread, I don’t interpret the emoji of one character beating another character over the head with a lol sign as simply lol. I interpret it as “I am laughing at you.”

Last time I checked LOL is still laughing out loud and not laughing at you. The emoji for laughing at you is a finger pointing and laughing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, E3D said:

Last time I checked LOL is still laughing out loud and not laughing at you. The emoji for laughing at you is a finger pointing and laughing. 

That’s fine, at least I now know your intent. For reference, this is my lol 😂.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That’s fine, at least I now know your intent. For reference, this is my lol 😂.

Yep and for me 🤪. Plus the sarcasm one 😈

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think that this might be the crux of the miscommunication. As I mentioned in another thread, I don’t interpret the emoji of one character beating another character over the head with a lol sign as simply lol. I interpret it as “I am laughing at you.”

I have never used the :lol:emoticon (until this post).  If I did, it would be for someone who did not understand that I was joking, and thus required multiple tries to convince them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I have never used the :lol:emoticon (until this post).  If I did, it would be for someone who did not understand that I was joking, and thus required multiple tries to convince them.

That makes sense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Three school systems in our area just had to revert back to virtual only due to multiple cases & quarantine issues.  Two football programs in our area just had to suspend for two weeks due to multiple cases.  

But, "we're turning the corner" & "it's just going to go away".  Nothing to see here folks; move along...

As it relates to another comment, our school's administration would not approve a corps staying on our campus* at this time or next summer.  It won't happen until this event is under control which probably means the end of 2021.  

*Our school has hosted a corps prior to ATL every year, except one due to turf installation, since the 2006.  (And the turf just made it a lot hotter in July.)    

exactly. next district over just shut down for the rest of the week and cancelled all sports too. i cannot imagine in 85% of the country seeing an outside group allowed in a school. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Golly.

This reminds me of the olden 'RAMD' days.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip.

EVERYONE

• Haha 1

Kids all over the country are going back to school. I see sports teams playing. Talking with a school district that I am familiar with they will not be against housing corps once again when tours start back up. 

If I was fat and out of shape, with some type of health condition or above the age of 55 then I would really worry. I have already had it and it was for me not as bad as the flu. I have only had the real flu once in my life and it was horrible. 

I remember back in 2016 my daughters school was closed for 2 weeks due to a flu outbreak.

It seems like American's are coming around and realizing that we will have to live with this virus around us. 

But it also looks like the antivax crowd is gaining members daily when it comes to the 19 vaccine. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, E3D said:

Kids all over the country are going back to school. I see sports teams playing. Talking with a school district that I am familiar with they will not be against housing corps once again when tours start back up. 

If I was fat and out of shape, with some type of health condition or above the age of 55 then I would really worry. I have already had it and it was for me not as bad as the flu. I have only had the real flu once in my life and it was horrible. 

I remember back in 2016 my daughters school was closed for 2 weeks due to a flu outbreak.

It seems like American's are coming around and realizing that we will have to live with this virus around us. 

But it also looks like the antivax crowd is gaining members daily when it comes to the 19 vaccine. 

Well there is living with it and living with it safely and with common sense. Too many out there not taking precautions and insulting or verbally going after those who do. 

As for anti CV vaxxers. More and more I see the problem isn’t being anti-vaccination but fear the first one out of the gate might have been rushed. Having lived with someone who was in the small percentage of people with side affects with certain meds that is on my mind

• Like 2

7 hours ago, E3D said:

how cavalier(no pun intended) that you feel it perfectly fine to resume normalcy..have members of your family died from covid?..It's great that your genetics have left you and yours virtually immune, but not all of us are so fortunate..NYC suffered a great deal and people who were NOT fat and out of shape or 55+ also died.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2