Has DCI......

Just loaded the Covid Alert PA app on my phone. Still trying to work out what it can be useful for but interesting stats. If I’m reading right many counties (mainly rural) have/had <1% infection rate. Philadelphia county 20% which was one of the hottest spots when this all started. Talk about one size not fitting all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/feared-covid-outbreaks-in-schools-yet-to-arrive-early-data-shows/2020/09/23/0509bb84-fd22-11ea-b555-4d71a9254f4b_story.html

That is good news but never mind that make up your own reality. 

FDA is in charge of the vaccine there should be a national mandate that requires everyone get the vaccine once available.  

• Haha 1

Other than just getting school districts to agree to host Corps next summer, a few other things need to happen for a season to happen:

1.  The schools that host the Corps need to be in some logical geographic order so a tour can progress.  A district in (for example) PA and another one in TX isn't going to work (unless Corps are willing to travel directly from one to the next, which would require extra drivers (& more $ to pay them)).

2.  There will need to be performance venues (near the housing sites) that allow enough fans inside so the show sponsors can make at least enough $ from the show to pay the associated bills.  I don't think 1/4 occupancy with tickets costing 4x as much will work.

3. There will need to be bus companies that allow every seat to be filled (or Corps will be required to rent several extra busses each to maintain social distancing).

4.  The Corps (or DCI) will need an insurance policy to cover any claims arising fro any Covid outbreak that occurs (& that could be rather pricey methinks).

5.  A vaccine may help.  But that isn't certain by any means.

I really hope someone at the Headquarters DCI War Room has a big whiteboard with these (& other things I haven't thought of) items listed & a plan on how to address them.

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Other than just getting school districts to agree to host Corps next summer, a few other things need to happen for a season to happen:

1.  The schools that host the Corps need to be in some logical geographic order so a tour can progress.  A district in (for example) PA and another one in TX isn't going to work (unless Corps are willing to travel directly from one to the next, which would require extra drivers (& more $ to pay them)).

2.  There will need to be performance venues (near the housing sites) that allow enough fans inside so the show sponsors can make at least enough $ from the show to pay the associated bills.  I don't think 1/4 occupancy with tickets costing 4x as much will work.

3. There will need to be bus companies that allow every seat to be filled (or Corps will be required to rent several extra busses each to maintain social distancing).

4.  The Corps (or DCI) will need an insurance policy to cover any claims arising fro any Covid outbreak that occurs (& that could be rather pricey methinks).

5.  A vaccine may help.  But that isn't certain by any means.

I really hope someone at the Headquarters DCI War Room has a big whiteboard with these (& other things I haven't thought of) items listed & a plan on how to address them.

well not sure if anyone is even going in to the office, but i feel confident they have lists of every possibility they can think of