Has DCI......

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

First, I directed my reply to the general forum.

Second, personal attacks are generally the standard by which moderators will take action, at least as far as I have observed in the past.

Third, I have seen statements such as the one you have taken personally dozens of times on these forums without any admonition from the moderators. People talk about using the ignore button all the time.

Fourth, he said he didn’t want to put you in ignore, but would.

Sorry, I don’t believe Jim’s comment can remotely be construed as personal. Of course, your mileage may vary.

No one that I can see mentioned an attack. You did to the general forum as you say. 

No one asked for any moderators to take action that I am aware. 

It is possible as strange as this might be for someone on the other side of a monitor and keyboard to take a post that says someone is wasting their heartbeats on you and will place you on ignore to take it personally and also at the same time do not have the sensation of an attack. 

Thanks for the update on your opinion of Jim was trying to do. YMMV. 

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

I did not say and did not take anything you posted as an attack. It went personal when you say you are wasting heartbeats. It can be personal without in insinuation of attacks. Simple concept but a real one. 

Thanks for the warning. 

He wasn’t going to waste anymore heartbeats on replying to your contention that you and he agreed since you didn’t represent his position correctly or didn’t understand it. I don’t consider that personal. 

Not for nothing, but my mechanic at the  end of my street has a sign that currently says, “When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.”

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, E3D said:

Schools. Kids are going to School and playing sports. 

People are getting on Airplanes for hours at a time everyday. 

in many places bands and parents cant attend sporting events....and these are outside. i can't see that changing for indoor events, especially to the key you keep missing...groups that are not part of the school. My daughters Brownies troop has to have meetings outside, because no facility will let them in. why?

Liability

11 hours ago, E3D said:

So what your saying is we need a national go back to school mandate? 

or people just need to be patient and do the right thing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, E3D said:

Great so we are in an agreement on the need for a national mandate to get schools back in person learning. AKA - BACK TO SCHOOL Mandate. 

reading comprehension fails you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Not for nothing, but my mechanic at the  end of my street has a sign that currently says, “When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.”

common sense is sadly over rated in todays world

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

First, I directed my reply to the general forum.

Second, personal attacks are generally the standard by which moderators will take action, at least as far as I have observed in the past.

Third, I have seen statements such as the one you have taken personally dozens of times on these forums without any admonition from the moderators. People talk about using the ignore button all the time.

Fourth, he said he didn’t want to put you in ignore, but would.

Sorry, I don’t believe Jim’s comment can remotely be construed as personal. Of course, your mileage may vary.

LOL stands for “laugh out loud”.  I have found that when people include it with a statement, they are typically not being overly serious.  

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

LOL stands for “laugh out loud”.  I have found that when people include it with a statement, they are typically not being overly serious.  

no one had “LOL” in any posts the last few pages.... 

edit: oops I missed lol in the emoji....

Edited by JimF-LowBari