DCI videos on Youtube gone

A few years back, a young man I know wrote a piece of music for his band, had it copyrighted, and a rival band played it and uploaded the video to YouTube. The composer’s mother (never mess with Mom) reported it to YouTube, YouTube investigated, and ended up removing many of the rival bands videos except songs they could prove were their own. My understanding is this happens regularly and the video is either removed or the music is silenced and you only see the performance. So it’s possible that someone believed their music was performed without permission and uploaded to YouTube, a complaint was made, and when investigated all offending videos were removed. 

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

A few years back, a young man I know wrote a piece of music for his band, had it copyrighted, and a rival band played it and uploaded the video to YouTube. The composer’s mother (never mess with Mom) reported it to YouTube, YouTube investigated, and ended up removing many of the rival bands videos except songs they could prove were their own. My understanding is this happens regularly and the video is either removed or the music is silenced and you only see the performance. So it’s possible that someone believed their music was performed without permission and uploaded to YouTube, a complaint was made, and when investigated all offending videos were removed. 

I think they refer to this as "The Law of Unintended Consequences".

Or karma.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:39 AM, keystone3ply said:

Not to pick nits, what does the monitor have to do with the PC not working? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1