Site changes?

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Last night I noticed differences on the DCP forums on my phone.  I started to think Android changed something.....

I see them now on my Windows 7 desktop.  Was there an update to the forum software?

Anyway, the changes are nice, the font is clearer.  

Last night tried to get to the forums and a “updating site” message came up. Little later got in and saw the new format

I like the look.  A definite improvement.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

The look is cleaner, but I'm not seeing the shortcut to see notifications -- likes or quotes on posts. 

23 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

The look is cleaner, but I'm not seeing the shortcut to see notifications -- likes or quotes on posts. 

Took me a moment. Upper right corner of your post are three dots.  That be the ticket for "Report/Share/Edits".  Still looking for more nuggets.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

4 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Took me a moment. Upper right corner of your post are three dots.  That be the ticket for "Report/Share/Edits".  Still looking for more nuggets.

I see those, but I usually get a notification when someone reacts or quotes one of my posts. I got one when you quoted my first post when I viewed the site on my computer, but nothing when viewed on my iPhone/Safari. 

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Last night tried to get to the forums and a “updating site” message came up. Little later got in and saw the new format

Before posting I checked the forum announcement thread and I saw nothing indicating a forum change.

I think it's aliens.

I think it's Reptilian aliens who prefer this font.

Perhaps they just received a shipment of guinea pigs and were about to dine on them and they forgot to notify everyone else that things would look different. 

Tasty guinea pigs will do that.

For Reptilians and for those living in Peru. 

V Diana is a hungry alien - YouTube

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

Before posting I checked the forum announcement thread and I saw nothing indicating a forum change.

I think it's aliens.

I think it's Reptilian aliens who prefer this font.

Perhaps they just received a shipment of guinea pigs and were about to dine on them and they forgot to notify everyone else that things would look different. 

Tasty guinea pigs will do that.

For Reptilians and for those living in Peru. 

V Diana is a hungry alien - YouTube

Oh man I remember this scene... 🤮

Illuminati did it.... 😈

Ugh, can we change the color scheme anywhere? It's way way way too white.

I've been trying to keep-up with the changes being made by Invision, so we don't get too far out of sync with the current version. This helps keep the site/database safe, as well as your own devices.  The 'theme' (color scheme, fonts, etc) is also the 'default' created by Invision - which I also try to keep in-sync with the 'default'. 

Updates used to take up to a full day when I had to manage multiple custom 'themes' and other hacks we had made to the system.  I just don't have the time to dedicate to those customizations any longer - so we're going with the plain vanilla version.

Please post any questions you may have in the Customer Service Forum - which is where this sort of topic belongs.

Thanks all!

-john