If 2021......

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

What is a little frustrating is, we haven't heard anything from DCI on what they are doing to try and have a 2021 season. Reaching out to potential show sponsors, providing guidance on how to host a show in the current environment, etc. The silence is deafening. To me this means DCI has no clue. Guess that's nothing new.  

a few sources have said tour starts around San Antonio time til finals, which may be pushed back a week. But there's so much still up in the air, i don't blame the for being cautious

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

First off, no one knows what DCI may be  doing "behind the scenes".

That being said, right now there really isn't a whole lot DCI can do for 2021.

There way too many unknowns.

1.What corps will  survive and be able to compete in 2021 ?

2.For those corps that do survive, what will be the "touring model" ?

3.What rules will corps that do survive have to follow for things like hygiene, Social Distancing, including on busses etc. ?

4.Will any school house a corps, or, for that matter, even allow them to use outdoor facilities for practice ?

5.What venues will even be available for shows ?

For  those that are, how many fans will be allowed ?

WGI cancelling just threw another monkey wrench into 2021.

I think we're months away from any indication from DCI of what may happen in 2021.

Plus, if 2020 is any indication, any plans are subject to change in a heartbeat.

thats a pretty comprehensive list

I have no doubt that DCI is working on whatever they can about any type of season in 21. But it's probably scenarios at this point. This pandemic has pretty much shut down the freaking world. To me the next few months will deter main what 2021 will be like.  The pandemic of 1917/18 the second wave was more destructive. I feel now most are informed and ready for it so I do have hope that is the case.

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

I have no doubt that DCI is working on whatever they can about any type of season in 21. But it's probably scenarios at this point. This pandemic has pretty much shut down the freaking world. To me the next few months will deter main what 2021 will be like.  The pandemic of 1917/18 the second wave was more destructive. I feel now most are informed and ready for it so I do have hope that is the case.

Yeah and didn’t go away on it’s own (for unknown reasons) until 1920....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

That's what I'm afraid will happen unless folks start using some common sense & following the CDC guidelines.  Some experts are predicting a rough fall/winter for COVID plus the flu & stomach viruses.  Our elementary school with the youngest students is starting to send home students & faculty due to CV cases/quarantine & kids throwing up with stomach issues.  It's about to get mucho loco... 

:peek:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ironlips said:

I wouldn't claim the title of drum corps expert. "Survivor" would be more accurate.

If you aren’t an expert, I don’t know who is.

The absolute bottom line... until there is a safe and effective vaccine, nothing can move forward for in person events. You can't even begin to plan until that is in place. And even when it is in place, it could be years before we go back to a national touring model. DCI can survive this, the question is how long until we're back to where we were. It could be at least a decade. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Pandemics in the 20th Century burned out after 12-18 months, with or without a vaccine. The Coronavirus pandemic truly began in Wuhan, China in January 2020. So, vaccine or no, the virus will likely have run its course sometime no later than June 2021, and will disappear for the time being. The question is: how quickly will things return to a rough semblance of normal? 

Considering half of the country doesn't even think there's a problem after 200,000 Americans have died, I would wager that America will learn absolutely nothing and snap back to old habits virtually immediately. With careful planning of camps there could easily be a 2021 season. It might be shortened a little, and (per usual) the biggest wildcard will be housing.