If 2021......

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Let’s not.  Show some humanity.  

Oh, nothing like you'll see on social media from the "ultra" extreme on both sides.  Just a comment on management style & the handling of current events.  I'll even say a prayer & have some thoughts.  Did I say "ultra"?  :guinesssmilie:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Let’s not.  Show some humanity.  

Agreed.... and as said during the Spanish Flu discussions, let’s all learn some lessons.... And understand a few more positive results came out that area 2 hours south of me.... (District of Columbia) so keeping all in mind...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Agreed.... and as said during the Spanish Flu discussions, let’s all learn some lessons.... And understand a few more positive results came out that area 2 hours south of me.... (District of Columbia) so keeping all in mind...

My prayer is that folks will start listening to the "experts" & following the guidelines until we have enough vaccines for every citizen.  One company stated this week that their vaccine would not be available until at least Spring 2021.  Our school has a great plan but I still see students & teachers disregarding the policy.  Especially when you have to take a picture for social media.  It's just incredulous.  I'm concerned for our 80+ year old parents that have multiple issues & my wife with a couple of issues.   I just don't want to wind up with my fat ### in a diaper lying on my belly on a ventilator.

What's the cyber saying?  "SMDH"?  :soapbox:  :grrr:  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

My prayer is that folks will start listening to the "experts" & following the guidelines until we have enough vaccines for every citizen.  One company stated this week that their vaccine would not be available until at least Spring 2021.  Our school has a great plan but I still see students & teachers disregarding the policy.  Especially when you have to take a picture for social media.  It's just incredulous.  I'm concerned for our 80+ year old parents that have multiple issues & my wife with a couple of issues.   I just don't want to wind up with my fat ### in a diaper lying on my belly on a ventilator.

What's the cyber saying?  "SMDH"?  :soapbox:  :grrr:  

Been following my Alma mater and nephews college for CV numbers. Mine not too bad as school has been hard on stupidity and been following distance learning as needed (having large IT dept helps). But still it’s in a rural county and accounts for large portion on county cases. Which I’m sure the locals are POed about. Haven’t checked nephews for a while but soon as students came back the parties started and few days later all hell started breaking loose. 

• Like 1

Mod hat here.

Please do not fall into the trap of discussing political issues. Saying that the President has COVID is fine, but do not think that gives anyone the clearance to start extrapolating into the political side of this in any direction.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, supersop said:

Well now that the President tested positive .... I'll hold my breath until the knee jerk reactionary decisions are complete.

**Down Periscope**

He is in the high risk for sure. Fat (obese)  - unhealthy diet - above the age of 70.

Wondering if he takes any type of immune supplements or vitamins?  From the way the admin are releasing information it seems he is probably feeling the effects of the virus. 

I have friends who have had it and I had it back in Feb. To be sure it's not a joke but also for me it followed the flu route. For 70+ I believe it may start like the flu but the body has some serious over active triggers for inflammation and it gets ramped up to a point where you can't live. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Been following my Alma mater and nephews college for CV numbers. Mine not too bad as school has been hard on stupidity and been following distance learning as needed (having large IT dept helps). But still it’s in a rural county and accounts for large portion on county cases. Which I’m sure the locals are POed about. Haven’t checked nephews for a while but soon as students came back the parties started and few days later all hell started breaking loose. 

Did some checking and my college at about 1.5% out of not quite 13k students. Nephews college at 4+% with about 30k enrollment. Good news there is almost all the cases were in August and things have gone down to couple cases a week. So either people learning or school really taking steps to combat