If 2021......

5 minutes ago, E3D said:

He is in the high risk for sure. Fat (obese)  - unhealthy diet - above the age of 70.

Wondering if he takes any type of immune supplements or vitamins?  From the way the admin are releasing information it seems he is probably feeling the effects of the virus. 

I have friends who have had it and I had it back in Feb. To be sure it's not a joke but also for me it followed the flu route. For 70+ I believe it may start like the flu but the body has some serious over active triggers for inflammation and it gets ramped up to a point where you can't live. 

I wonder if this virus has mutated?  Has it become more contagious but less lethal?  It seems as if there’s been a shift.  Or maybe the therapeutics are working.  Something. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wonder if this virus has mutated?  Has it become more contagious but less lethal?  It seems as if there’s been a shift.  Or maybe the therapeutics are working.  Something. 

Wondering that too... throw more younger (aka stronger) people being infected helping the survival rate. Basing that thought on the spikes occurring after holidays.... and younger folks would be the ones going out...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It sure seems that way where I am at. The number of cases is pretty high (not has high as July into Aug) but the hospitalizations and icu numbers are way down (about or at March numbers). I know the medical centers here are using everything for the therapeutics so maybe so. 

• Like 1

Although in northern and north eastern Wisconsin, the ICUs are perilously close to being overrun.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/3578202001

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

26 minutes ago, E3D said:

It sure seems that way where I am at. The number of cases is pretty high (not has high as July into Aug) but the hospitalizations and icu numbers are way down (about or at March numbers). I know the medical centers here are using everything for the therapeutics so maybe so. 

The same here in Illinois.   

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think they got hit as hard as Illinois at the start.  

Or Michigan at the start.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Or Michigan at the start.

Both took the hit on the front end.  Now, it’s a trickle, not a flood.  We’re still very cautious here.  I’ve been in so many medical facilities lately and the precautions they take are above and beyond.  I started PT Wednesday and it’s very safe. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think it has but that could effect the vaccine?  I'd love to 'mutilate' it in the style of "The GodFather".  Where's Sonny Corleone when you need him?  :spitting::lol:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Both took the hit on the front end.  Now, it’s a trickle, not a flood.  We’re still very cautious here.  I’ve been in so many medical facilities lately and the precautions they take are above and beyond.  I started PT Wednesday and it’s very safe. 

PA was hit early also with NJ and NY. Now between 500-1000 a day but steady. Had two appts with different offices with same medical organization. Happy with general practitioner office and not so with main campus audiology. Temps taken but seating at audiology not spread out. Had to move as woman took her mask back off her nose right after she got told to pull it up when checking in. Need blood test and dreading how full that will be.

• Like 1