Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

 

Oops

Edited by JimF-LowBari
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They need to learn to say no.  On several fronts.  

wishing healing for all

First off, no one knows what DCI may be  doing "behind the scenes". That being said, right now there really isn't a whole lot DCI can do for 2021. There way too many unknowns. 1.What co

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wonder if this virus has mutated?  Has it become more contagious but less lethal?  It seems as if there’s been a shift.  Or maybe the therapeutics are working.  Something. 

 

Some random thoughts:

1.As I've posted,my wife is a visiting nurse who has had to treat Covid patients.

This week she had to go the hospital for a medical procedure.

That meant a covid test.

She had a "standard" swab test.

Came back negative.  :-)

She was considering the rapid test.

But she was told they are only around 65% accurate.

With a lot of false positives.

2.There does seem to be evidence covid mutated.

More contagious,but less "severe".

We're seeing "spikes" in the Rate of Infection".

But,even in Hot Spots,primarily Orthodox Jewish Communities,

hospitalizations and deaths are way down.

4.Another thing starting to get medical people's attention is "colonization".

Apparently you could have covid "in you", without being infected.

But you still test positive.

That would explain why, even though positive test results are up,

everything else associated with covid is way down.

5.Despite numerous concerns and delays,there haven't been 

ANY spikes attributed to either indoor dining or opening gyms.

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Both took the hit on the front end.  Now, it’s a trickle, not a flood.  We’re still very cautious here.  I’ve been in so many medical facilities lately and the precautions they take are above and beyond.  I started PT Wednesday and it’s very safe. 

I have a colonoscopy next Tuesday. I can’t wait. 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have a colonoscopy next Tuesday. I can’t wait. 

My first one was a hoot. Doctor was late as cops were looking for a murderer in his neighborhood. Second one he walked in saying “same as the first time right”. I said “no you’re on time” then said about why he was late the first time. He didn’t say anything then finally “oh that was YOU back then”.

Think “smartass” is written in my chart.... 😈

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My first one was a hoot. Doctor was late as cops were looking for a murderer in his neighborhood. Second one he walked in saying “same as the first time right”. I said “no you’re on time” then said about why he was late the first time. He didn’t say anything then finally “oh that was YOU back then”.

Think “smartass” is written in my chart.... 😈

I have had several ... my sister died of colon cancer so I am in a three year rotation.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have had several ... my sister died of colon cancer so I am in a three year rotation.

0 for three and told them they’ll be no more.   Plus, all those physicals when you knew you were almost done when the latex gloves were put on.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have had several ... my sister died of colon cancer so I am in a three year rotation.

Sorry to hear that. Was on 5 year but got delayed and not totally healthy with a 6 year gap. So 3 year and hope to go back to 5. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have a colonoscopy next Tuesday. I can’t wait. 

The prep sucks but the twilight is great.  The best sleep I’ve ever had. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My first one was a hoot. Doctor was late as cops were looking for a murderer in his neighborhood. Second one he walked in saying “same as the first time right”. I said “no you’re on time” then said about why he was late the first time. He didn’t say anything then finally “oh that was YOU back then”.

Think “smartass” is written in my chart.... 😈

Funny, my chart says ########. I thought he was referring to the target area.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Some random thoughts:

1.As I've posted,my wife is a visiting nurse who has had to treat Covid patients.

This week she had to go the hospital for a medical procedure.

That meant a covid test.

She had a "standard" swab test.

Came back negative.  🙂

She was considering the rapid test.

But she was told they are only around 65% accurate.

With a lot of false positives.

2.There does seem to be evidence covid mutated.

More contagious,but less "severe".

We're seeing "spikes" in the Rate of Infection".

But,even in Hot Spots,primarily Orthodox Jewish Communities,

hospitalizations and deaths are way down.

4.Another thing starting to get medical people's attention is "colonization".

Apparently you could have covid "in you", without being infected.

But you still test positive.

That would explain why, even though positive test results are up,

everything else associated with covid is way down.

5.Despite numerous concerns and delays,there haven't been 

ANY spikes attributed to either indoor dining or opening gyms.

 

 

 

 

the key is how it reacts when we get to the colder weather as they have said more than a few times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.