DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

PA is trending more than a thousand each day after averaging 500 or so few weeks ago *sigh*

One of the reasons I requested a mail in ballot because I don’t know what next month will bring. Received it yesterday and put it in the ballot box at county election board this morning. Could have mailed but was a nice day and wanted to check out the process. Had nice talk to county sheriff who was watching over the boxes.

your school district ( my alma mater) just shut down til tuesday

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Saw Monday they announced their first case and lost track after that, thanks. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

New Jersey has seen a big spike in cases.

They are primarily in Counties (Ocean and Monmouth and parts of Bergen) with large Orthodox Jewish communities.

Large gatherings, with no masks or any type of social distancing have been a big problem.

Its been building all Summer,due to a lack of any kind of local enforcement.

But,the numbers really spiked during the high holy days.

Sukkot ends tonight.

Hopefully, that will cut down on the number of people participating in large gatherings,without masks or social distancing.

At least Gov. Murphy has been clear that the spikes are,in no way ,related to activities like indoor dining and gyms.

In fact yesterday he talked about increasing capacity for indoor dining.

Another interesting fact.

Even with the big spikes in positive tests,hospitalizations and deaths are staying very low.

The hospital where my wife is a nurse has averaged 4-8 covid patients for the past month or so.

Right now,no ICU's or vents.

According to the doctors she works with,they think the virus has gotten more contagious,but less "severe".

They have also gotten much better at treating it.

Especially in the early stages.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well my Alma mater just announced no bus service next week as too many staff members have to quarantine. One of the biggest school districts in size in PA so lot of buses involved

50 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

They are primarily in Counties (Ocean and Monmouth and parts of Bergen) with large Orthodox Jewish communities.

The Orthodox community here in Montreal has been very cooperative with social distancing.  There were initial outbreaks at the beginning due to two weddings that were held, but since then cooperation has been very good.  During the past high holidays the city allowed synagogues to put up large tents on city property to allow services to continue with social distance guidelines.  The synagogues have shortened services so that multiple gatherings could take place.

Edited by Continental
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Continental said:

The Orthodox community here in Montreal has been very cooperative with social distancing.  There were initial outbreaks at the beginning due to two weddings that were held, but since then cooperation has been very good.  During the past high holidays the city allowed synagogues to put up large tents on city property to allow services to continue with social distance guidelines.  The synagogues have shortened services so that multiple gatherings could take place.

The Orthodox Jewish communities in Ocean and Monmouth Counties were anything but cooperative.

Going back to the Spring, in places like Lakewood ,the State police were finding "caravans" heading to tents hidden in the woods for engagement parties,weddings,Bar Mitzvah's  and Bat Mitvah's,all in violation the Governor's Executive Orders  on large gatherings.

There were all kinds of problems over the Summer.

In fact,nj.com did a big article about all the violations of the Governor's Executive Orders  in Deal,with little local enforcement.

As I posted,the hope is,with the end of the high holy days,the large gatherings will diminish.

Edited by rpbobcat

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The Orthodox Jewish communities in Ocean and Monmouth Counties were anything but cooperative.

Going back to the Spring, in places like Lakewood ,the State police were finding "caravans" heading to tents hidden in the woods for engagement parties,weddings,Bar Mitzvah's  and Bat Mitvah's,all in violation the Governor's Executive Orders  on large gatherings.

There were all kinds of problems over the Summer.

In fact,nj.com did a big article about all the violations of the Governor's Executive Orders  in Deal,with little local enforcement.

As I posted,the hope is,with the end of the high holy days,the large gatherings will diminish.

it's the same in Brooklyn where mayor D has closed orthodox schools until further notice in some neighborhoods..rioting has taken place in Williamsburg regarding masks and safe distancing..peace

• Sad 1