DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

On 10/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, Poppycock said:

We Californians are ordered to stay home except to go to an essential job or to shop for essential needs. So me and Stephan work from home and decided to go to the Love Shack by SPARC a Recreational Marijuana Dispensary for some much needed do well goodies, then stopped at the Jug Shop Liquor Store for wine and spirits. Once home we filled out our third mail-in ballot, enjoying some Chinese Hunan and Mandarin offerings from Kung Food carry out. 

I've got 28 of the mail in ballots already mailed. Next week the drive through voting starts and I'm going to make sure and get to the 4 locations that are open. 

Edited by E3D
Offenses taken edited 27 to read 28
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

New Jersey has seen a big spike in cases.

They are primarily in Counties (Ocean and Monmouth and parts of Bergen) with large Orthodox Jewish communities.

Large gatherings, with no masks or any type of social distancing have been a big problem.

Its been building all Summer,due to a lack of any kind of local enforcement.

But,the numbers really spiked during the high holy days.

Sukkot ends tonight.

Hopefully, that will cut down on the number of people participating in large gatherings,without masks or social distancing.

At least Gov. Murphy has been clear that the spikes are,in no way ,related to activities like indoor dining and gyms.

In fact yesterday he talked about increasing capacity for indoor dining.

Another interesting fact.

Even with the big spikes in positive tests,hospitalizations and deaths are staying very low.

The hospital where my wife is a nurse has averaged 4-8 covid patients for the past month or so.

Right now,no ICU's or vents.

According to the doctors she works with,they think the virus has gotten more contagious,but less "severe".

They have also gotten much better at treating it.

Especially in the early stages.

That is what appears to be happening in many different places. 

Which would mean that more people contracting it is a good thing for antibodies. 

The treatments seem to be a big change for the good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

it's the same in Brooklyn where mayor D has closed orthodox schools until further notice in some neighborhoods..rioting has taken place in Williamsburg regarding masks and safe distancing..peace

They have right to protest as we have seen all year. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, E3D said:

I've got 27 of the mail in ballots already mailed. Next week the drive through voting starts and I'm going to make sure and get to the 4 locations that are open. 

I can’t emphasize enough how important voting is! The more you vote the better the outcome. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I can’t emphasize enough how important voting is! The more you vote the better the outcome. 

Years back had a book WC Fields for president. Still remember it ended with “Vote once for Fields and watch out for the silver lining. Vote twice for Fields and watch out for the police”. 

Like I posted yesterday I dropped off my mail in ballot in the morning. Last evening after county election board closed got a confirmation email that ballot received. End of email basically ended with “so don’t vote again in November” 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E3D said:

They have right to protest as we have seen all year. 

Actually,not in parts of NYC anymore.

According to the news today,the city has put in new restrictions for demonstrations in what are considered "Hot Spots" .

Allows the police a lot more latitude to disburse crowds and make arrests.

4 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Actually,not in parts of NYC anymore.

According to the news today,the city has put in new restrictions for demonstrations in what are considered "Hot Spots" .

Allows the police a lot more latitude to disburse crowds and make arrests.

Selective "hot spots" I like the idea. So what they do is move to the less hot spot? They are smart and will figure it out without my help but I would tell them to move along to areas on or near the mayors or maybe any location that was used during the summer. How about that spot with the yellow paint on the road. All sound like not so hot spots to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

If you vote by mail more than once there is no reason not to ensure the vote counted by showing off ,,,oops I mean up at the polls. 

I'm heading out right now to go get some spirits and hippy lettuce before the weekend starts up. I want to be able to go hang out on the church grounds protesting the lockdowns. Good thing about getting liquored up - you don't have to wear a mask while drinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

your school district ( my alma mater) just shut down til tuesday

And four(?) football games cancelled tonight. Your old school is one of them. Wonder if the 2 schools in my district need bus service for this weekend. Not sure where the games are at.