DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

Post as you will, Planeteers.  We surely need opinions to read during this highly unusual period. Some messages confuse me, though.

As a longtime drum corps fan and activist within both circuits, I’d like to see   everything return back to normal as QUICKLY as possible.  I just can’t see the point in posting to prove how awful conditions are, how dire the prospects.

Trying to scare away hope, by promoting information that stalls coming out of all this, seems to me, counterproductive. There is a workaround to most everything.

Yes, we’ve been under a dark cloud. But it, too, shall pass. Push it away, don’t hang on to it.

DCI’s formal statement about a “bridge”  2021 season is good  news !

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Post as you will, Planeteers.  We surely need opinions to read during this highly unusual period. Some messages confuse me, though.

As a longtime drum corps fan and activist within both circuits, I’d like to see   everything return back to normal as QUICKLY as possible.  I just can’t see the point in posting to prove how awful conditions are, how dire the prospects.

Trying to scare away hope, by promoting information that stalls coming out of all this, seems to me, counterproductive. There is a workaround to most everything.

Yes, we’ve been under a dark cloud. But it, too, shall pass. Push it away, don’t hang on to it.

Same here. Anytime anyone points out that things being open and moving forward. Some strange replies or reactions happen. It is all counterproductive and is peddled by more than a few here. .

Won't be long before someone comes along to tell me either what to think or what another poster means on their post. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/health/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-optimism.html

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Member safety, common sense, FACTS, not  mis information and there's plenty of that, should and must  be 1st. I do find it interesting and some who want to ignore alot of this are the 1st to scream if there is an isolated situation where they feel a member is not treated well ( as people should ) but don't have a problem with all that is going on with this pandemic so we can get back ASAP to drum corps.

YES you are right this will pass BUT it will never pass without being smart. I laugh when I watch TV and some say " People should have a choice, people WILL make the right decisions, we encourage all the safety precautions and clearly it's easy to see quite the opposite.

MEMBERS 1ST PERIOD!

For sure it would be nice to get back to normal and back to our activity , BUT not just because we want to, we go back when we know for sure we can protect all involved.

Agree, not everything has to be negative but nothing can be ignored and I would think when member safety is of concern, we can all agree on that

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

Sports are going on and their members safety is taken into account. 

Schools across the country are back in session since early August and their safety along with the teachers is taken into an account. 

Those poor suckers that continued to go into work everyday since March when the lockdowns began, all the while many stayed at home and enjoyed that luxury. Their safety was taken into an account but not so much at the beginning of the lockdowns. Yet many here had the luxury of sitting it out at home and making prognostications from the keyboard, doom and gloom. Still doing it even today. 

Lost of interesting postings and subjective actions here. It's as if some are ok with the destruction of DCI and arts in schools. 

People do have a choice and eventually make them. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/us/mask-protests-1918.html

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Member safety, common sense, FACTS, not  mis information and there's plenty of that, should and must  be 1st. I do find it interesting and some who want to ignore alot of this are the 1st to scream if there is an isolated situation where they feel a member is not treated well ( as people should ) but don't have a problem with all that is going on with this pandemic so we can get back ASAP to drum corps.

YES you are right this will pass BUT it will never pass without being smart. I laugh when I watch TV and some say " People should have a choice, people WILL make the right decisions, we encourage all the safety precautions and clearly it's easy to see quite the opposite.

MEMBERS 1ST PERIOD!

For sure it would be nice to get back to normal and back to our activity , BUT not just because we want to, we go back when we know for sure we can protect all involved.

Agree, not everything has to be negative but nothing can be ignored and I would think when member safety is of concern, we can all agree on that

That was what the DCI "bridge" press release mentioned first and foremost - "health, safety and member affairs".  What made you think that was a point of contention?

37 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

MEMBERS 1ST PERIOD!

I haven’t heard many people here say they “don’t have a problem” with the pandemic.  In fact, the people frequently accused of such have often turned out to be some of the most careful and responsible among us in actual practice.  

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I haven’t heard many people here say they “don’t have a problem” with the pandemic.  In fact, the people frequently accused of such have often turned out to be some of the most careful and responsible among us in actual practice.  

Yet want to ignore it when it comes to drum corps returning without a specific pathway to doing it responsibly. If there are those who have done that instead of " we need to just get back " then I apologize ..... to them

10 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That was what the DCI "bridge" press release mentioned first and foremost - "health, safety and member affairs".  What made you think that was a point of contention?

With DCI , not a problem . I do take issue with those who offer nothing in way of reasonable ideas to move forward and just want everything to move forward for the sake of.

I do many auditions over a year, winter summer and fall and was brought in time to time with several corps as  an impartial party and I can tell you parents as well as many members have a big issue packing kids into a gym sleeping, packed like sardines into a bus for long lengths of time. We see most every summer corps with stomach virus issues spreading etc etc so what would this do. These are the thing I hear on a weekly basis. To move forward THES people want answers and deserve them. Not , just because. 

I do want things to go back WHEN POSSIBLE but have just 1 corps become a spreader even just between themselves and no matter how it happened, there will never be a drum corps season again. This I am very sure and has been discussed.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:33 AM, Ghost said:

Glad we left MA when we did.  Those restrictions are ridiculous.  So, there's no football, soccer, or cross country  going on currently?

Seems like some very reasonable restrictions to me

• Thanks 2