DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

14 hours ago, Continental said:

I think you are really patient when posting here.  

parenthood has helped me chill in some situations.

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Member safety, common sense, FACTS, not  mis information and there's plenty of that, should and must  be 1st. I do find it interesting and some who want to ignore alot of this are the 1st to scream if there is an isolated situation where they feel a member is not treated well ( as people should ) but don't have a problem with all that is going on with this pandemic so we can get back ASAP to drum corps.

YES you are right this will pass BUT it will never pass without being smart. I laugh when I watch TV and some say " People should have a choice, people WILL make the right decisions, we encourage all the safety precautions and clearly it's easy to see quite the opposite.

MEMBERS 1ST PERIOD!

For sure it would be nice to get back to normal and back to our activity , BUT not just because we want to, we go back when we know for sure we can protect all involved.

Agree, not everything has to be negative but nothing can be ignored and I would think when member safety is of concern, we can all agree on that

yeah i want it back asap, but man...imagine an outbreak in a corps during whatever form of tour there is. that would set the activity further back then being patient and waiting would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Sports are going on and their members safety is taken into account. 

Schools across the country are back in session since early August and their safety along with the teachers is taken into an account. 

Those poor suckers that continued to go into work everyday since March when the lockdowns began, all the while many stayed at home and enjoyed that luxury. Their safety was taken into an account but not so much at the beginning of the lockdowns. Yet many here had the luxury of sitting it out at home and making prognostications from the keyboard, doom and gloom. Still doing it even today. 

Lost of interesting postings and subjective actions here. It's as if some are ok with the destruction of DCI and arts in schools. 

People do have a choice and eventually make them. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/us/mask-protests-1918.html

working from home has been far from a luxury in many occupations. even with the hybrid models, i know many teachers that are basically doing double the work than usual.

and yet i keep seeing sports teams and schools getting shutting down. a local HS here got shut down cause some dad insisted on a homecoming dance in his barn, and boom 50 kids caught it.

25 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Seems like some very reasonable restrictions to me

Since the big shut down in March, have averaged 2+ days a week at the fitness center, 2+ batting practice sessions with others.  Our rec league games started up in June, so it's now also three games a week.  Major senior softball and girls fast pitch softball tournaments were moved to St. George with the restrictions in CA and NV.  People have been walking, hiking, biking, boating, using their ATV's, etc.   Schools opened up in August.  HS sports are being played.  Sure, there are different guidelines, but we're living our lives.  I've been attending Mass since July, I believe, with limitations on the number of parishioners who can attend.  The rehab of the church hall is done, so others can watch the service on a screen now.  

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1