DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

I was at a MB non competitive show yesterday 5 bands in total, all small groups... they mask up on busses and when not playing, no extra busses, and venue provided port a pots (is that a safer choice?) Next week I'll see a 9 band show some larger groups so it'll be interesting. NJ is up and running in most sports and activities, life is cautious but moving forward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

working from home has been far from a luxury in many occupations. even with the hybrid models, i know many teachers that are basically doing double the work than usual.

and yet i keep seeing sports teams and schools getting shutting down. a local HS here got shut down cause some dad insisted on a homecoming dance in his barn, and boom 50 kids caught it.

How many hospitalizations did they have? Any news source for the homecoming?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Seems like some very reasonable restrictions to me

In Massachusetts, the guidelines of the Commonwealth are the minimum standards. So the state can say restaurants can open with “X” number of patrons per square foot, but the city or town can be more restrictive if they desire. They cannot relax rules. For example, a city in the Boston area is always a week or two behind reopening guidelines and will put restrictions on some businesses rather quickly, but it makes sense since it’s a densely populated area. The mayor of this city is probably known to a few people on DCP due to his drum corps background. One town tried to go the opposite direction and ignore state requirements and almost immediately there was a spike in Covid cases in that community. Now we have a color coded system where communities that are listed as red have more restrictions, green or no color have fewer. A few weeks back the spike in COVID cases seemed to be found in college dormitories. Now, the uptick seems to be gatherings in people’s homes of ten or fewer people, mostly middle aged folks, who have let their guard down.

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

With DCI , not a problem . I do take issue with those who offer nothing in way of reasonable ideas to move forward and just want everything to move forward for the sake of.

I do many auditions over a year, winter summer and fall and was brought in time to time with several corps as  an impartial party and I can tell you parents as well as many members have a big issue packing kids into a gym sleeping, packed like sardines into a bus for long lengths of time. We see most every summer corps with stomach virus issues spreading etc etc so what would this do. These are the thing I hear on a weekly basis. To move forward THES people want answers and deserve them. Not , just because. 

I do want things to go back WHEN POSSIBLE but have just 1 corps become a spreader even just between themselves and no matter how it happened, there will never be a drum corps season again. This I am very sure and has been discussed.

I read your post a second time, but still not seeing your "reasonable ideas to move forward".

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I read your post a second time, but still not seeing your "reasonable ideas to move forward".

You don't move forward with anything until you know how to keep these members, staff, etc etc safe. IMO even the CDC guide lines do not apply when you shove members in a tin can to travel for hours and hours at a time, and everything else I mentioned. Not that it has stopped some in the general public. 

I think the burden is on those who believe open up, we need to move on, NOT those who believe there's much more to it than that. 
Personally it's just that I have been talking to staff's, directors throughout the activity and it is quite the burden for all.

I think we can or should agree that opening back up to travel and shows as if nothing happened, without a good and safe plan, kids not being 1st on the list of how and why  would be totally reckless. Just imagine an outbreak as Jeff said

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You don't move forward with anything until you know how to keep these members, staff, etc etc safe.

How safe?

I think the burden is on those who believe open up, we need to move on, NOT those who believe there's much more to it than that. 

You are the one who wants to call people out for not having "reasonable ideas to move forward".  Give us one, or call yourself out.

I think we can or should agree that opening back up to travel and shows as if nothing happened, without a good and safe plan, kids not being 1st on the list of how and why  would be totally reckless. Just imagine an outbreak as Jeff said

From what I am reading here today, no one is suggesting we continue "as if nothing happened".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

How safe?

You are the one who wants to call people out for not having "reasonable ideas to move forward".  Give us one, or call yourself out.

From what I am reading here today, no one is suggesting we continue "as if nothing happened".

If you have to ask.." How Safe " is safe, not much else to discuss...but thanks

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

How safe?

This is an entirely valid question that any fair-minded adult with a true interest in improving the safety of all involved would understand the significance of.  Hopefully it will be received as such.

• Thanks 2