DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Kidney stones also pass.

I nominate Kidney Stones to be the official malady of 2020

(Covid not eligible as it is technically from 2019 & not allowed to repeat).

Passed one in late August that took into Sept to recover from fully.  I've lost count of how many I've had through the years.

Hard pass.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

It’s sure as hell a luxury compared to losing your job and your life savings.  

2008 did that to me. the only virus then was in the financial sector. I know several people that have lost their jobs and everything. i've donated lots of meals these last 7 months to help

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I read your post a second time, but still not seeing your "reasonable ideas to move forward".

The rapid testing kits along with a vaccine would be a start. I'm not sure what it takes to get those rapid testing but might want to check with the local health departments and see if organizations for the youth such as DCI could get those for no cost. The vaccine and protocol's similar to college sports teams. 

6 hours ago, E3D said:

How many hospitalizations did they have? Any news source for the homecoming?

it was on pennlive.com. didn't mention hospitalizations, as everything just went public with the infections

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

This is an entirely valid question that any fair-minded adult with a true interest in improving the safety of all involved would understand the significance of.  Hopefully it will be received as such.

Yes true. It should be received that way but I'm not confident. 

At least so far,,, you or I,,, are not posting about the personal patience of each other or others. Maybe personal politics have driven many into a spiral to where they do not want to see any success or good news? 

Edited by E3D

8 hours ago, E3D said:

Yes true. It should be received that way but I'm not confident. 

At least so far,,, you or I,,, are not posting about the personal patience of each other or others. Maybe personal politics have driven many into a spiral to where they do not want to see any success or good news? 

:lol:

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, E3D said:

How many hospitalizations did they have? Any news source for the homecoming?

Here's the specific incident/article that Jeff was referring to:
https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/10/more-than-50-donegal-high-school-students-quarantining-after-homecoming-party-report.html

I wouldn't anticipate that there would be many hospitalizations amongst the high school students.  The challenge is they take it home to mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, the elderly neighbor next door and so forth.  That's where the hospitalizations end up occurring.  And despite best efforts, contract tracing in some areas that are seeing a large jump in cases has been ineffective at best... and suspended/abandoned at worst.  Not to mention that people are routinely lying to contact tracers.  So it's virtually impossible to quantify how many people are hospitalized in many cases as a result of a specific event/gathering.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, E3D said:

The rapid testing kits along with a vaccine would be a start. I'm not sure what it takes to get those rapid testing but might want to check with the local health departments and see if organizations for the youth such as DCI could get those for no cost. The vaccine and protocol's similar to college sports teams. 

A couple of weeks ago my wife needed to get a Covid test for a medical procedure.

Problem was, they moved the procedure up.

She needed the test results in 24 hours.

She thought about getting a rapid test.

But she was told that,right now ,they are only about 65% accurate,with a lot of false positives.

That's what's happened with a number of NFL players who tested positive with the rapid test,false positives.

Given the impact a positive test would have on a corps,until the rapid tests get more reliable,they really aren't a great option.

Fortunately, in her case,the hospital where she works was able to get her a "slot" at a local lab for a standard Covid test.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1