DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

11 hours ago, E3D said:

The rapid testing kits along with a vaccine would be a start. I'm not sure what it takes to get those rapid testing but might want to check with the local health departments and see if organizations for the youth such as DCI could get those for no cost. The vaccine and protocol's similar to college sports teams. 

we need a vaccine first. and the rapid tests out these seem to produce a lot of false results

1 hour ago, Continental said:

You get a lot thrown at you on here.  I would imagine it's a bit like parenthood. 

look....this place is nothing. a diversion. if i got upset someone had some kind of issue with me everytime they have an issue with me, i'd be long gone. And in the end, i'm usually right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

We’ve reached what, to me, is the biggest mystery. That is . . . 

What is the sign to indicate it’s OK to resume usual operations?

There is, in my opinion, no particular sign upcoming! It is pointless to wait for a guarantee. 

So, pick a moment, see what happens and go from there. Some will choose not to participate in any group opinion. That’s understandable. So, adjust.

IMO when science tell us, because politicians all have their agenda tied to their stances, regardless of affiliation

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Just a follow up to my previous post.

Cost aside,the logistics of testing all corps and staff members at least once,more likely twice,a week are daunting.

Assuming the rapid test is used,you'd have to find labs with enough excess capacity to add 200 or so tests for each corps and staff.

I live in a densely populated area,close to NYC.

The labs around here that do rapid tests can handle a total of 200 or so a day.

Right now they are turning people away every day.

Trying to find labs with rapid test capability and capacity in "rural" areas may not be possible.

What if several corps need to have tests done in the same area,at the same time ?

Even with masks and social distancing indoor competitions could easily turn into a "Super Spreader".

Then you also have the problem of how do you deal with a positive test ?

In my opinion,these are all questions that are going to need to be addressed before DCI can even consider a 2021 Tour.

hey we have to quarantine you, so you stay here at whatever school or hotel we are at, then catch up to us when your days have passed.

yeah I don't see that being a good way to go.

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

If you have to dodge the question, you have no intention of discussing.

Nothing is completely safe.  You pointed that out yourself, in describing how stomach viruses spread among corps members "packed like sardines" on buses.  And there are other diseases, bus accidents, sexual predators, etc... but you did not suggest shutting down the activity in the face of any of those dangers.

So how safe is "safe", in your opinion?  Do we need a vaccine?  Several vaccines?  Must vaccines be a prerequisite to march?  Is there some other precondition you have in mind?

Again..you want to compare the stomach virus to a potential deadly spread? If so there's nothing to say and is not a debate here or among directors. YES, I said stomach virus BUT to show how quickly it spreads through a corps. Certainly not as a comparison to covid nor should it be.

Not dodging the question at all. I also saw all the outrage over ALL the subjects you just mentioned and rightfully so. I saw all the " shut down that corps " for many of the same reasons again you mentioned.

I think if we knew the answer right now as far as what is safe we might be in a different place BUT clearly we are not . All one has to do is turn a TV on.

As far as discussing, when I feel a discussion with any individual will be productive I'm all for it.

Edited by GUARDLING

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

we need a vaccine first. and the rapid tests out these seem to produce a lot of false results

I just recently spent yet another 24 hours outside  a covid unit waiting on results of someone, 4th time and YES the ID doctor said the same when I brought up rapid testing

Edited by GUARDLING

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm not an "anti vaxer",but I'm also not going to rush out and get the covid vaccine either.

Last week I was at a meeting on the best way to deal with positive tests in a local school system.

One of the attendees was a doctor,another a pharmacist.

We started talking about a Covid vaccine.

They expressed the same concerns I have posted about.

Namely,that we won't know for a while potential side effects.

They can take a couple of years to show up.

Some times the side effects can be worse then the disease.

Was going to hold off until after Election Day but had to add to this, which I agree 100%. 

Married to a woman who almost always was in that small percentage that got side effects or very serious reactions to the medicine that “everyone takes” (quote from one idiot doc). She got staph infection and 10 minutes into her first bag of Vicodin got red man syndrome. Her whole body got lobster red. Thank goodness it was a known but rare reaction and was done at the hospital. Nurses quick stopped and gave her something to counteract. Still miserable for a day or so. Other time out of town doc kept pumping her full of an anti seizure med that we knew sedated her to the point of walking into walls. This moron kept saying “everyone takes it” and kept giving it to her. We checked her out of the hospital and drove hours to her regular neurologist. She ended up going through withdrawal in a hospital.

And that was the effects you can tell in the short run. I’ll wait for the younger and stronger folks to try out any vaccine and not jump first in line. And also make sure any doctor pushing it is a doctor in that field. 

44 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Again..you want to compare the stomach virus to a potential deadly spread?

Infections of the stomach/intestines can kill, too.  

No, I do not want to compare anything.  But if you cannot answer the question of when it will be "safe", then comparisons are all I have to work with.

3 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Infections of the stomach/intestines can kill, too.  

No, I do not want to compare anything.  But if you cannot answer the question of when it will be "safe", then comparisons are all I have to work with.

How can I or you at this point say when. Clearly there is no definitive answer to that especially with numbers rising again.

Wouldnt it be nice if we could answer that question...or anyone for that matter

• Like 1