DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

When science tells us what?

When it tells us that one thing and then changes that one thing a few months later. 

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Opps !

(Red face)

Corrected it .

I'm not an "anti vaxer",but I'm also not going to rush out and get the covid vaccine either.

Last week I was at a meeting on the best way to deal with positive tests in a local school system.

One of the attendees was a doctor,another a pharmacist.

We started talking about a Covid vaccine.

They expressed the same concerns I have posted about.

Namely,that we won't know for a while potential side effects.

They can take a couple of years to show up.

Some times the side effects can be worse then the disease.

Yeah sometimes the lockdown can be worse than the disease also. 

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

When it tells us that one thing and then changes that one thing a few months later. 

Yeah heaven forbid they learn something new and actually use that new knowledge. 

Have seen it and caught hell for it in my IT job. “That’s not what you told me before”. “Yeah we found out this #### doesn’t work as advertised “.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Was going to hold off until after Election Day but had to add to this, which I agree 100%. 

Married to a woman who almost always was in that small percentage that got side effects or very serious reactions to the medicine that “everyone takes” (quote from one idiot doc). She got staph infection and 10 minutes into her first bag of Vicodin got red man syndrome. Her whole body got lobster red. Thank goodness it was a known but rare reaction and was done at the hospital. Nurses quick stopped and gave her something to counteract. Still miserable for a day or so. Other time out of town doc kept pumping her full of an anti seizure med that we knew sedated her to the point of walking into walls. This moron kept saying “everyone takes it” and kept giving it to her. We checked her out of the hospital and drove hours to her regular neurologist. She ended up going through withdrawal in a hospital.

And that was the effects you can tell in the short run. I’ll wait for the younger and stronger folks to try out any vaccine and not jump first in line. And also make sure any doctor pushing it is a doctor in that field. 

Jim can't you stay for a while?   

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

If science were perfect we would already have a cure for cancer.

and one can look at it like it's good the science is changing, it means they are learning more, which should be helpful to all

Also with all this a few months ago is like a lifetime ago

Edited by GUARDLING

No one says Science is perfect. 

Not one source is a good thing with anything. Scientist have not had long enough to come to any real solid conclusions. Things are changing but to claim one source of info is the end all be all is exactly what I am point to when I say - "it is what it is until it changes" 

Hey guess now is as good as a time as any to remind all that Masks are not mandated and people have a right not to wear one if they want. Run get the duct tape to keep you brain matter from exploding. But if you really believe there should be a mask mandate then why not a back to work and school mandate? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Continental said:

Jim can't you stay for a while?   

I look once in a while but trying to hold off posting. Medical stuff does push my buttons..

Just now, E3D said:

No one says Science is perfect. 

Not one source is a good thing with anything. Scientist have not had long enough to come to any real solid conclusions. Things are changing but to claim one source of info is the end all be all is exactly what I am point to when I say - "it is what it is until it changes" 

Hey guess now is as good as a time as any to remind all that Masks are not mandated and people have a right not to wear one if they want. Run get the duct tape to keep you brain matter from exploding. But if you really believe there should be a mask mandate then why not a back to work and school mandate? 

Ever stop to think if more people had used precautions such as masks and distancing we might be back to work or school..... Instead it’s arguments about “my rights” from people and #### little or nothing about protecting others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah things change and now maybe mask are a waste of time? The CDC says that over 70% of infections are with people who wear masks. 

I'm going to get in line to take the vaccine because I want things to get better. YMDV