DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

48 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

and for those who want things to get back....why not do anything and everything to help that happen, even the slightest bit. Clearly all you have to do is turn on the TV lately to see the opposite 

It’s like b-wording out your doctor because you’re having problems breathing. But won’t take their advice to quit smoking because it’s your “right”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You can say it in whatever manner you feel applies.

"When cases stop rising."

"When there is a vaccine."

"When there are several vaccines."

"When vaccines are mandatory for corps members."

"When treatments reduce the case fatality rate below (whatever rate you choose)."

"When cases drop below (whatever rate you choose)."

"When deaths drop below (whatever rate you choose)."

"When (whatever health/government agency you choose) says interstate travel may commence without quarantine."

"When (whatever health/government agency you choose) says sports may commence without restrictions."

"When (whatever health/government agency you choose) says audiences may assemble without social distancing."

Pick one.  Or make your own description of when we will reach "safe" conditions.

Not taking any bait here..If you feel like it pick one yourself. As I said , If I feel the conversation goes somewhere fine. If not, no point. 

You are looking for an answer that continually changes in cases, outbreaks, information. You nor I are professionals ( if you are I apologize) so there is no answer at the moment BUT I do know reckless behavior, not doing everything possible to not spread it, even the smallest thing will never bring to us what we all seem to want.

As per Newsweek over half the states currently have “uncontrollable” (no definition given) rise in cases, few states have 20+% of tests come back positive and hospitalization rates going way up in some states. 

Don't relax yet folks....

Edit: just saw the PA numbers and percentage of positive cases and number of cases rising too as possible Fall Upswing. Sorry sis your county is in the close to “crappy” category 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

19 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Not taking any bait here..If you feel like it pick one yourself.

Someday, we will return to riding buses, packing bleachers, and performing in music ensembles.  All those things will absolutely happen again, someday. 

Some of us choose to start thinking about what "someday" will look and feel like.  You can too... or not.  

11 minutes ago, E3D said:

The news story I provided links to your article link and adds:

That conclusion appeared to be based on an errant reading of a CDC study published in the Sept. 11 issue of its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, a compendium of the latest research. The study in question reviewed data from 154 people who had tested positive for the coronavirus and had been treated at 11 medical centers around the country."

Also in the news article I posted is the following:

"The CDC further speculated that while mask wearing has led to “sufficient protection” within subjects’ social networks, those subjects likely contracted the coronavirus in a bar or restaurant, where people take off masks to eat and drink."

Edited by Continental
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I could comment... but you saw it too.

Yeah being retired IT (since before they called it IT) I’m a numbers and definitions guy. 

9 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Someday, we will return to riding buses, packing bleachers, and performing in music ensembles.  All those things will absolutely happen again, someday. 

Some of us choose to start thinking about what "someday" will look and feel like.  You can too... or not.  

Someday YES...Ive been in discussions with many who make these decisions for fall winter as well as summer, so I'm way head of ya! and the talk seems to go all around and HOW not so much when it might happen and safety of members, staff, volunteers, etc etc THEY will make these decisions because THEY alone have the burden of  this incredible  responsibility 

30 minutes ago, Continental said:

The news story I provided links to your article link and adds:

That conclusion appeared to be based on an errant reading of a CDC study published in the Sept. 11 issue of its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, a compendium of the latest research. The study in question reviewed data from 154 people who had tested positive for the coronavirus and had been treated at 11 medical centers around the country."

Also in the news article I posted is the following:

"The CDC further speculated that while mask wearing has led to “sufficient protection” within subjects’ social networks, those subjects likely contracted the coronavirus in a bar or restaurant, where people take off masks to eat and drink."

You can look at the data it clearly shows that over 70% who wore a mask were covid positive. 

I mean you did ask for the link and said it would be a good read. I gave you the link and you replied as if you have not read that PDF.

Here is the part I referred to. That is not white house spin or CDC spin it is what the data gave them.  

"In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of controlparticipants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public." 

Edited by E3D