DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

1 minute ago, Continental said:

Jim what did you do the economy?

I retired March 1 and stuff really hit the fan right after... Seriously my retirement lunch was end of February and sister just got back from in laws in FL. At that point WA and FL were seeing cases. So sis was coughing (allergies) at the lunch and we were joking “no not Covid”. Few weeks later everyone in my old building was working from home and no more joking 😰

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I retired March 1 and stuff really hit the fan right after... Seriously my retirement lunch was end of February and sister just got back from in laws in FL. At that point WA and FL were seeing cases. So sis was coughing (allergies) at the lunch and we were joking “no not Covid”. Few weeks later everyone in my old building was working from home and no more joking 😰

Your story clearly indicates the influence you have had on everyone's lives in 2020. 

Someone has to be blamed as opposed to an illness and subsequent inaction. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

Jim my landlord raised the rent more than usual this past year.

What Liberal influence did you have to make them do that?

Lol I’m registered independent as sick of both sides. Be surprised how many people think that means I cannot vote for a GOP or Dem. 

BTW tried out the PA mail in ballot (old people want to try new stuff). Drove it to county election board and dropped it in the box. And had nice talk to kind of cute county deputy. Hard to tell with the mask and oversized shirt to cover the protective vest. That night after hours got email saying ballot received 👍

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, dans said:

Liberal propaganda 

science. no political agenda included. even Lamar Alexander has been speaking out against those bashing Fauci and the like. he's no liberal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Hey I’m responsible... (all together now).. if anything goes wrong... I’m responsible 😈

i have been blaming you for over 40 years now, why change things?

• Haha 1

Mask's were originally no help as told by Science ------- now they are. It does seem that it offers help against the spread. There will be studies to follow that will prove or disprove. Science is always changing. 

lock down for 15 days to slow the spread.   

Actually a month

Actually two months

no wait three months 

four?

Until there's a vaccine. 

Never mind actually we can't trust the vaccine. 

Vaccine is Science - but you don't trust vaccine due to Science only matters if it fits my narrative. If it was a different narrative it would be all aboard the vaccine train.  Same way with the economy because you really don't want things to open up until that narrative fits yours. 

Just look at the pile on mentality at work here when someone does not agree with the "majority". Keep coming up with these real life stories though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Around here we see every imaginable fabric worn as a protective mask and in so many creative ways too! Wouldn’t one think that only a specific type of mask be worn? Stephan calls mask a symbol of fear. It’s not about the mask it’s about the symbol it represents. 

I have seen some interesting masks. Do people wear them in your area while out walking the dog or going for a stroll? They don't do that where I'm located but I have seen plenty wearing a mask while driving a car alone. Not exactly sure what that is about. 

Quick Q  . Now that DCI will not be back do you think the pageantry leach's will find new places to stick onto? I would say they would all become band directors but those will be a thing of the past also. Who knew the fine arts would pay so little????? and then to have that all taken away. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, E3D said:

Never mind actually we can't trust the vaccine. 

Vaccine is Science - but you don't trust vaccine due to Science only matters if it fits my narrative. If it was a different narrative it would be all aboard the vaccine train.  Same way with the economy because you really don't want things to open up until that narrative fits yours. 

Just look at the pile on mentality at work here when someone does not agree with the "majority". Keep coming up with these real life stories though. 

Let’s start with the vaccine... when medical people say it is good to go I’ll believe it. When anyone medical or not gives a date when it will be ready I won’t believe (too many unknowns to determine a set date). And when I see non medical people trying to set or change the parameters to use to determine safety my BS detector goes up. 

who the hell says they don’t want the economy to reopen. Disagreeing on how to do it safely is NOT saying it should not reopen

As for piling on... you give your option and we give ours. Not our fault if the sides aren’t evenly matched... You never had this happen before outside of DCP?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1