DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'll be voting in person in 2 weeks.

Well you ain’t as old as me... not for a while anyway. Sure I can find a time when the library isn’t that crowded for voting but something new. And no worry if stuff hits fan in few weeks. 
Weird news is PA board of health found a cat that was carrying CV... in our county.. poor cat...

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well you ain’t as old as me... not for a while anyway. Sure I can find a time when the library isn’t that crowded for voting but something new. And no worry if stuff hits fan in few weeks. 
Weird news is PA board of health found a cat that was carrying CV... in our county.. poor cat...

I'll drop the little one at school and head right to the polls. i'll have time to kill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Do they allow internet access in jail. 

Is there a purpose to this or you just bored and trying to stir up crap. Asking because if just stirring up I’m done

I appreciated the levity amidst all the anger and negativity in this thread.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Serves him right for not wearing a mask.

Let me show the scars from the last time I tried to get a cat to do something he didn’t want to do 😱😬😆

One of those weird stories and saw it happened in PA. Then I clicked to see where and holy crap... no town given.... Did see from another article they think the cat caught it from the owners as multiple cases in that house. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Let’s start with the vaccine... when medical people say it is good to go I’ll believe it. When anyone medical or not gives a date when it will be ready I won’t believe (too many unknowns to determine a set date). And when I see non medical people trying to set or change the parameters to use to determine safety my BS detector goes up. 

who the hell says they don’t want the economy to reopen. Disagreeing on how to do it safely is NOT saying it should not reopen

As for piling on... you give your option and we give ours. Not our fault if the sides aren’t evenly matched... You never had this happen before outside of DCP?

common sense....come on Jim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Let’s start with the vaccine... when medical people say it is good to go I’ll believe it. When anyone medical or not gives a date when it will be ready I won’t believe (too many unknowns to determine a set date). And when I see non medical people trying to set or change the parameters to use to determine safety my BS detector goes up. 

I've read that the Polio vaccine initially caused issues.  There were problems with some of the initial production.  More details can be found in this link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

It did lead to improved safety protocols.

It was a while ago and since then I'm not aware of other issues with vaccine's but that's not saying there haven't been any.  There have been issues with drugs that were developed (ie. Thalidomide) but everything that was learned from issues is often incorporated into subsequent development and protocols. 

I trust my government's recommendations on what is safe and will get the vaccine as soon as possible once they give the go-ahead.  They have already confirmed it will be free for all Canadians when available.

One advantage of where we currently are is that there are several companies working on producing a vaccine.  What worries me is that effort needs to be on the effectiveness as opposed to the potential profit. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

common sense....come on Jim

That’s why I loved giving reports of bad news (testing or creating a new system) when it was someone who knew me. “The last report you gave sounded pretty good, why is it bad news all of a sudden”.

”Well we got a chance to really try things and.. the stuff/crap/#### doesn’t work as advertised” or “doesn’t work like we thought it would”. Really a big issue last few years with a laptop app and multiple versions of WinBlows out there.

Really blows up the all computers are the same mindset. In fighting CV it’s all people are not the same.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Continental said:

I've read that the Polio vaccine initially caused issues.  There were problems with some of the initial production.  More details can be found in this link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1383764/

It did lead to improved safety protocols.

It was a while ago and since then I'm not aware of other issues with vaccine's but that's not saying there haven't been any.  There have been issues with drugs that were developed (ie. Thalidomide) but everything that was learned from issues is often incorporated into subsequent development and protocols. 

I trust my government's recommendations on what is safe and will get the vaccine as soon as possible once they give the go-ahead.  They have already confirmed it will be free for all Canadians when available.

One advantage of where we currently are is that there are several companies working on producing a vaccine.  What worries me is that effort needs to be on the effectiveness as opposed to the potential profit. 

Will have to read to refresh my memory. What I remember is there were two types of vaccine and one either didn’t do anything or hurt (killed?) some people. Salk vs Sabin?

edit: read the link and will have to try to find a book I read on this years back. Will have to go down to the library to see if they have it 👍

Years back think we had a thalidomide victim on base (or at least same problem with her arms). Beyond words what she had to put up with.

Edited by JimF-LowBari