DCI continues delay of 2021 tour announcement, ticketing information

From a direct e-mail:

'More than six months after we canceled the 2020 DCI Tour we are still facing the reality of the coronavirus pandemic. DCI leadership and the participating organizations have been in constant communication, meeting weekly to discuss, plan, and work through a myriad of challenges which are often compounding and changing on a daily basis. Since early in the onset of the pandemic, corps directors have split into a number of committees and subcommittees to strategize and plan for a number of different scenarios on topics ranging from health, wellness and safety, to corps housing, to required changes to longstanding logistical procedures.

As DCI continues to observe, research and learn about the fluid state of potential new policies and procedures at various venues in a number of states across the country, we are working diligently to ensure the safety of the corps, fans, and venue staff for all future events. In order to ensure ample time necessary for these safety protocols to be fully defined and executed, we will continue to delay a schedule announcement and ticketing information for the 2021 DCI Tour until a later date. This includes details on Super 3 and DCI Eastern Classic ticket packages and memberships in the exclusive Friends of DCI program.'

41 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

An email to tell you we have nothing to tell you! 

Yet if they don't send that email, folks will complain that the DCI office is not doing anything. They are literally in a lose/lose situation.

Z

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, MikeZ said:

Yet if they don't send that email, folks will complain that the DCI office is not doing anything. They are literally in a lose/lose situation.

Z

Agree... At least they are telling people they are paying attention to the situation.... And being realistic in nothing they can do at this point...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yup, got one today.  The tour schedule is usually released right before Thanksgiving & then championship ticket inf about a month later.  I guess they're trying to get ahead of the emails & phone calls? 🤔

I predict there is zero chance of there being a drum corps season in 2021 in any form.    There were 3,000 + positives in Illinois today.  The most since May. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Sad 4

I do believe the auditions and winter camps will be virtual. Each drumcorp can possibly go into their own "bubble" and precede with learning a show... not sure of the performance capacity venue it will be displayed in but worst case is virtual on Flo, next best a localized regional? For all we know finals will happen but by appointment only in the stadium coming in with and leaving with those who are with that group, members, staff, supporters

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I predict there is zero chance of there being a drum corps season in 2021 in any form.    There were 3,000 + positives in Illinois today.  The most since May. 

I'm afraid you're correct.  Our state numbers are rising & our county just moved up to "High Risk".  Local news just reported that two school systems in our area are moving to virtual for 2 weeks due to positive test.  Five on one of the school's football team then you have the ones that have to quarantine.  It's just a mess...

:grrr:

21 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm afraid you're correct.  Our state numbers are rising & our county just moved up to "High Risk".  Local news just reported that two school systems in our area are moving to virtual for 2 weeks due to positive test.  Five on one of the school's football team then you have the ones that have to quarantine.  It's just a mess...

:grrr:

I think we’re creeping up on a wave.  At least, here in the upper Midwest.

• Sad 1