Other Shows Cancelled for Health?

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Pandemic, local outbreak in show location, corps hit with health issues (had few of them since 2000), and that polio thing that is thought I read somewhere is what I was thinking of

Jeff Ream brought up some very good points about the ramification of the current situation in other threads. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Jeff Ream brought up some very good points about the ramification of the current situation in other threads. 

Yep and just looking for examples in the past that might have been missed

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

Jim I knew what you were referencing in this day and age of a pandemic.

We can pretend otherwise with some posters.   Weather related phenomenon have affected the activity since the beginning. 

What are you insinuating?

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

It doesn't matter what is posted Jim.

There are a bunch on here who love to partake in trying to prove every single thing wrong. 

"When you're a Jet, You're a Jet all the way"

Oh, is that it?  Well then, you lost me. 

Somehow, my response to a question is trying to prove something wrong?  You cannot prove a question wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, cixelsyd said:

What are you insinuating?

Oh, is that it?  Well then, you lost me. 

Somehow, my response to a question is trying to prove something wrong?  You cannot prove a question wrong.

Thank you.  Your response is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I lost you.  I lost you a while ago. 

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep and just looking for examples in the past that might have been missed

Polio I understand but I wasn't there during the emergency.  I was not there as well for the initial thalidomide problem but I have also been affected by those that were exposed. 

We have even had outbreaks recently of some diseases that we initially thought were confronted but that were due to anti-vaxers having caused flair-ups (measles comes to mind). 

Eh... should have titled this Shows AFFECTED by sickness instead of cancelled.... IOW include shows that corps dropped out of also

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Eh... should have titled this Shows AFFECTED by sickness instead of cancelled.... IOW include shows that corps dropped out of also

I think your objective was understood.

We live in strange times.  We use the past as reference to understanding the instability of the present. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

I think your objective was understood.

I can only answer the questions he asks, not the unstated "objectives" you impose on them.  If you have an "objective" you want me to speak to, state it.

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh, that is a whole different question.

I know that an unabridged list of "sick days" at the full corps level is way beyond my memory alone.  A few that spring to mind:

2015 Cavaliers were a singular instance I recall, in that the stomach virus or whatever it was impacted the corps for several weeks.  They dropped out of a few shows, and downgraded to exhibition status at least one other time due to over a dozen absences from the ranks.

Late in the 2019 season, Genesis pulled out of one show due to illness, and Troopers did the same at another show a couple of days later.

Academy withdrew from one of the Texas shows in 2018 on account of illness.

Phantom Regiment missed a show very late in the 2016 season due to illness.

2009 was a rough year, as upper respiratory viruses impacted several corps (Carolina Crown, Mandarins, Glassmen) badly enough to cause each of them to take a unit sick day on a scheduled contest day.

My memory says Blue Stars missed a show for illness at some point in the past dozen years, but not recalling when.

This sort of thing happened in earlier years as well, but the details escape me.

• Thanks 2