Other Shows Cancelled for Health?

50 minutes ago, E3D said:

:lol::whistle::lol:

"Keurig is deceptively expensive, environmentally wasteful, and worst of all, its design eliminates some of the best experiences of buying, brewing, and drinking coffee."

"Keurig’s packaging is a big “F you” to the environment. As Mother Jones puts it, in 2013  Green Mountain produced 8.3 billion K-Cups–or enough 2″x2″ containers to circle the globe 10.5 times. It’s enough to even make the K-Cup’s inventor renounce his own invention."

I use the cheap Walmart 12-cup "Mr Coffee" imitation @$10.84.  Or should I say the "Mainstays" brand to sound more elite & sophisticated?  When it wears out in a few months, I just recycle & purchase a new one.

I usually drink 6-8 cups & went without yesterday morning.  Felt bad all day; that won't happen again. :spitting:     

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Still do not see what this has to do with the history of drum corps cancellations.  But we can discuss anyway.

I hear you - there are numerous obstacles to re-establishing DCI touring, and I do not see any of them being resolved on or by 11/3, for whatever significance that date would have.  I doubt DCI has to decide by 11/3.  But the clock is ticking, and if not enough of the issues resolve satisfactorily, far enough in advance, 2021 tour faces curtailment or cancellation. 

No pardon necessary.  

Thank you for being responsive and answering a question directly.  The world would be a better place if more people could do that.

actually the sooner DCI decides, the better. The sudden shut down caused serious chaos. if we continue on this track, with no consistent guidelines from state to state, the tour will be a disaster.

and no problem about answering. Blunt force trauma honesty is a blessing and a curse

What consistent guidelines from state to state that will allow DCI not to be a disaster? :42_confused:

20 minutes ago, E3D said:

What consistent guidelines from state to state that will allow DCI not to be a disaster? :42_confused:

I cannot answer for Jeff... but the big one I see is restrictions some states are imposing on interstate travel.  Some of these are based on metrics from the latest aggregate data on C-19 tests, such as the positivity rate (percentage of tests that are positive), or the rate of increase in number of cases. 

State government orders cause travel restrictions and/or 14-day quarantine requirements to kick in and out as the data changes.  As long as these policies remain, events could be cancelled and/or corps stranded on the road for 14 days.  And that part I underlined... well, I do not expect those policies to go away.  Vaccine deployment day is not the day they end.  It will be some other day over a month later, when the effect of widespread vaccinations drives case counts so far down that every state is satisfied.

17 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I cannot answer for Jeff... but the big one I see is restrictions some states are imposing on interstate travel.  Some of these are based on metrics from the latest aggregate data on C-19 tests, such as the positivity rate (percentage of tests that are positive), or the rate of increase in number of cases. 

State government orders cause travel restrictions and/or 14-day quarantine requirements to kick in and out as the data changes.  As long as these policies remain, events could be cancelled and/or corps stranded on the road for 14 days.  And that part I underlined... well, I do not expect those policies to go away.  Vaccine deployment day is not the day they end.  It will be some other day over a month later, when the effect of widespread vaccinations drives case counts so far down that every state is satisfied.

Not only tours and events. What would be the effects on recruiting and camps considering the percentage of out of state corps members.

Just now, skevinp said:

How effectively could recruiting and camps be done virtually?

No idea as not connected enough to the corps scene to know how things were done the last few decades. Good point to consider for those who do know

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not only tours and events. What would be the effects on recruiting and camps considering the percentage of out of state corps members.

Corps conducted camps remotely during the lockdowns this spring.  Kids have been auditioning via video since the VHS days.  Those are not insurmountable challenges.

Spring training/all-days would, IMO, require in-person attendance to learn the visual show and log some music ensemble time.

3 hours ago, E3D said:

if there was a consistent benchmark or guidelines nationwide, it would help make planning easier. right now, they have to plan based on what each individual state does or does not allow.

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

additionally, some states have rules about how many people can be in one place at one time. Seems only political rallies are exempt from this. ( both parties, not just one)

• Like 1