Other Shows Cancelled for Health?

22 minutes ago, skevinp said:

The person who starts a thread  can request to have it closed.  I have been here a long time but only found that out fairly recently.

Ohhh, thank goodness.  I thought there were more moderators than posters.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Actually, according to the WHO, the survival rate is around 97%. 

From the WHO dashboard: 41,570,883 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 1,134,940 deaths, reported to WHO.

WHO dashboard

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

1-4 yrs 15

5-14 yrs 39

15-24yrs 383 

last updated October 21

No doubt that for those ages noted above, the survival rate is higher than 97% its probably more like 99.9%. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, E3D said:

During the summer you did not see any other events that did not follow the "normal" protocols?

several. doesnt mean i supported them. and it would appear, as science tracked it, they didn't seem to lead to an outbreak of cases. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, dans said:

The coronavirus has a 99.9% survival rate...that is a fact. Yet we're destroying businesses and people's lives over this. Just doesn't add up!

over 220,000 dead in 7 months....it's destroying lives in many ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

Actually, according to the WHO, the survival rate is around 97%. 

From the WHO dashboard: 41,570,883 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 1,134,940 deaths, reported to WHO.

WHO dashboard

Since we are off the rails....

in the US about 8meg cases and 220k+ dead so for roughly every 40 cases someone dies.... which about matches the above. Just another way of looking at the “great” percentage....

7 hours ago, E3D said:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

1-4 yrs 15

5-14 yrs 39

15-24yrs 383 

last updated October 21

No doubt that for those ages noted above, the survival rate is higher than 97% its probably more like 99.9%. 

Good thing those youngsters are not contagious..... guess my college age nephew should have visited his grandfather when he (nephew) caught it.

And I’ve been told no guarantee the nephew won’t have lung issues later in life. His case was that severe.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

It’s my thread and I can request to have it closed for any reason.... Don’t like start your own #### thread...

Honestly, I was just wondering. I wasn't trying to be confrontational or imply anything. But thanks for reminding me why I visit this site less and less. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dans said:

Honestly, I was just wondering. I wasn't trying to be confrontational or imply anything. But thanks for reminding me why I visit this site less and less. 

Ok I misunderstood the intent. That’s twice yesterday I did that... my bad (again). 
and as long as we can avoid the partisan finger pointing I have no problem. 

• Confused 1

I’m more than willing to be confrontational, but this is not the place. Like you, dans, I have become disappointed here more often than I would like.

I just never found pessimism attractive. Too depressing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1