Other Shows Cancelled for Health?

45 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I’m more than willing to be confrontational, but this is not the place. Like you, dans, I have become disappointed here more often than I would like.

I just never found pessimism attractive. Too depressing.

What do you consider pessimism in the corps related posts Fred? I’ve gone through plenty of health issues  with family and have been accused of being pessimistic by some. I was told instead to be optimistic (think good thoughts). IMO I was giving honest thoughts on recovery length, survival, etc. So I read posts with the honest even if it is not good to hear bent...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Since we are off the rails....

in the US about 8meg cases and 220k+ dead so for roughly every 40 cases someone dies.... which about matches the above. Just another way of looking at the “great” percentage....

And another way of looking at it is... what is it now

Latest rolling averages are 785 deaths vs. 58650 cases, a case fatality rate of 1.3%.  Considering that in mid-April, it went as high as 7.5%, this is great news.  To think that without a single vaccine or therapeutic FDA approved for general use, we have still improved our response to the virus that much, is astonishing.

Now we move into the next phase.  Remdesivir just received full FDA approval yesterday.  Other treatments are in the pipeline.  We will drive that number down even farther.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

And another way of looking at it is... what is it now

Latest rolling averages are 785 deaths vs. 58650 cases, a case fatality rate of 1.3%.  Considering that in mid-April, it went as high as 7.5%, this is great news.  To think that without a single vaccine or therapeutic FDA approved for general use, we have still improved our response to the virus that much, is astonishing.

Now we move into the next phase.  Remdesivir just received full FDA approval yesterday.  Other treatments are in the pipeline.  We will drive that number down even farther.

Thanks for the info. But my caveat is the flu my wife caught and died from 3 years back had an even higher survival rate. So playing the percentages game means squat for people on the wrong side of the percentage. Bottom line is it’s a crap shoot either way....

• Thanks 1

I guess we'll stop here.  I would suggest if anyone has a need to argue what COVID is or isn't, maybe this drum corps discussion board isn't the best place for it.

sorry all.