Other Shows Cancelled for Health?

Not really - you can plan for the worst case situation and go from there.

Probably DONT include the states that have shutdowns. Leave them out. Maybe just tour in the South? 

Stay Frosty. 

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Corps conducted camps remotely during the lockdowns this spring.  Kids have been auditioning via video since the VHS days.  Those are not insurmountable challenges.

Spring training/all-days would, IMO, require in-person attendance to learn the visual show and log some music ensemble time.

Edit: deleted rant from me here and misread intent of response

PS non dc related rant reported. My thread and trying to keep it open....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Why does it sound like I downed any of these ideas. All the #### I did was ask how CV issues affect recruiting and camps. Have we got to the point on dcp where you can’t ask anymore?

You asked.  I answered.  I sensed nothing on your part that was "downing" those ideas.

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You asked.  I answered.  I sensed nothing on your part that was "downing" those ideas.

Ok my bad... I read “these are not insurmountable problems” as if I posted that things could not be done....

23 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ooops

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Yet Jim, there are those who have proven time and time again if you do not give the answers, then you are somehow not being effective, not providing solutions, not providing accurate facts.

As if it is now up to you to respond to what you are witnessing. 

They do it all the time, yet they provide nothing to answer the questions they ask.  A game often played on here with the "jets." 

Just to clarify, I quoted Jim not because I was demanding an answer from him personally, but to build on what he was saying, to propose a potential solution whose efficacy I am not qualified to speak to, and to invite those who may have better insight to weigh in on the issue.  

I was merely trying to advance discussion on a discussion board in order to potentially facilitate collective solutions to the challenges faced by an activity we all love.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok my bad... I read “these are not insurmountable problems” as if I posted that things could not be done....

“Surmounting the Insurmountable Problem” might be a good show theme whenever DCI comes back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Not really - you can plan for the worst case situation and go from there.

Probably DONT include the states that have shutdowns. Leave them out. Maybe just tour in the South? 

Stay Frosty. 

except you plan for the south now..and say they start shutting down? this is too big of a logistics situation to have to keep trying to adapt on the fly, as major changes to schedule on short notice could be cost prohibitive to the corps.

And say you're a host...you want to outlay all this cash to run a show when you can't have spectators? Hell no, you're not in this to lose your ###.

1 hour ago, E3D said:

"additionally, some states have rules about how many people can be in one place at one time. Seems only political rallies are exempt from this. ( both parties, not just one)"

Political rallies :lol: 

What about protest and riots? :whistle: not a peep from ya on those. 

Why do you think they stopped calling the rally a rally and changed it to peaceful protest. 

unalienable rights / right of the people peaceably to assemble a couple of things to remember when trying to pontificate. 

Hi,

I didn't post that to be political. It's just those are the only events where i don't see the normal protocols for crowd size being followed. And if you knew anything about me and thought before you typed, you'd know i do not support rioting. But then again, thinking before you type is a challenge across all forms of social media these days

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

“Surmounting the Insurmountable Problem” might be a good show theme whenever DCI comes back.

Have a pinback from Rochester Crusaders when they returned to the field 2005. Name of the show “We Go On”.