What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

My political bs and no bashing each other over the head with percentages and other number games.

What have DCI and corps said regarding 2021? If anyone has said too early to tell or in ye olde “wait and see” mode fine. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My political bs and no bashing each other over the head with percentages and other number games.

What have DCI and corps said regarding 2021? If anyone has said too early to tell or in ye olde “wait and see” mode fine. 

DCI is considering a shortened 'bridge tour' for 2021 right now, according to an article on their website.

DCI article

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I am seeing auditions beginning for 2021.  What that means for mm’s from 2020, I can’t say.  My guess is some kids who would have marched in 2020, that were being allowed to extend through 2021, have decided to step away.  What becomes of 2021 is anyone’s guess at this point, so we’ll have to see what the “bridge” year is.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I am seeing auditions beginning for 2021.  What that means for mm’s from 2020, I can’t say.  My guess is some kids who would have marched in 2020, that were being allowed to extend through 2021, have decided to step away.  What becomes of 2021 is anyone’s guess at this point, so we’ll have to see what the “bridge” year is.

Any corps that is charging kids for audition packs and camp fees should be ashamed of themselves . There is no way in heck the 2021 season is going to unfold and they know it . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, camel lips said:

Any corps that is charging kids for audition packs and camp fees should be ashamed of themselves . There is no way in heck the 2021 season is going to unfold and they know it . 

Understood. But what’s the alternative? Another year without member fee income could be the death knoll to DCI and many of the member corps. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Understood. But what’s the alternative? Another year without member fee income could be the death knoll to DCI and many of the member corps. 

Yep as long as the kids know that nothing is a sure thing at this point, it’s their choice

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Then so be it. There are many, many things right now that are much bigger than the survival of DCI. I agree that the corps that are charging potential members right now should be ashamed. A 2021 season is extremely unlikely to happen. 

While Jim is right that if the kids understand the risks of the season not happening and not getting their money back it may be fine, but I still find it a pretty questionable practice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

If it is up to revenues generated from audition packets to ensure a Corps financial survival then that Corps has no business going on tour.

• Like 2