What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

27 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Just a reminder the OP asked what DCI/corps have said they plan to do, not what we think they will do or should do.  

Some of the trouble is that the corps seem to be hiding from making statements. Pretty weak. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

Some of the trouble is that the corps seem to be hiding from making statements. Pretty weak. 

Not sure weakness is the right word. Caution is more like it. Caution is the best policy in times like this. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Good thing the drum corps season is not right now, then.

Yes, because the season can simply be planned out on a whim a month or two before it starts, right? 

This is the second time I have seen testing brought up in this context.  I have to ask... is anyone seriously considering the pro sports bubble/megatesting model as an option for drum corps?  It does not seem either practical or appropriate to me.

If they aren't, then they are setting themselves up for failure. 

As for the rest, I think it is clear that if all the current restrictions still apply in the summer of 2021, corps will not be touring.

As Skevinp so succinctly pointed out, the OP asked what the corps have said they plan to do, which is largely nothing so far because of the many question marks, among other things, that I pointed out in my original comment.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Just a reminder the OP asked what DCI/corps have said they plan to do, not what we think they will do or should do.  

Seeing as the corps haven't really said anything so far, I guess we should've just left this entire thread empty. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure weakness is the right word. Caution is more like it. Caution is the best policy in times like this. 

I’m thinking things can change so quickly hard to say what you want to do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I know what I want to do....

....where is my beer?  I just had it a minute ago. 

I got my English Toffee cappo (cappuccino) and the wee beastie Bichon is sleeping so peaceful here..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yes, because the season can simply be planned out on a whim a month or two before it starts, right? 

Clearly, DCI and their corps have been planning for quite awhile already.  But now that you mention it, a "bridge tour" probably has more flexibility built into it than the modern-day full tour.

• Thanks 1

Caution: prudent forethought to minimize risk

I thought I’d put that definition out there since @dansseemed to be a bit confused (based on his reaction emoji to my comment) as to why no solid plans have been put out by any corps. Hope that clears things up for ya. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1