What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

14 minutes ago, E3D said:

I'm not sure that DCI and the corps are ever going to get into the insurance statements for life or medical. If and when they do I will be interested to read such statements. 

That was directed to the members which DCI needs. IOW looking at a bigger picture than DCI BoD.

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Both MLS and NWSL held tournaments in a bubble.  MLS staged theirs in Orlando, while NWSL went to Utah.

How would that apply to drum corps, then?  Just the megatesting?  Or would corps (and their staff/volunteers) be sequestered from the public for the entire period of all-days and contest season?  Would we do the zero-travel version of the bubble, and have all corps hunker down in Utah for two months and run all contests there?

the downside is a corps getting hit...then they could be stuck somewhere for 10-14 days. oh, and who will house them if they are stuck there? Will the corps have enough medical personnel with them to take care of large outbreaks? Do instructional staff become triage doctors ( at least unless they get it)?

if things are where they are now ( or god forbid worse) how do you let fans in? hell will facilities let anyone in, be it a show or rehearsal or housing? for the coming indoor season many independent groups have just taken the year off because the availability of facilities at anything other than an astronomical price is slim to none. School groups are having issues getting into their own faciltities...think schools just want to open up to outsiders?

I want drum corps as much as anyone here. But there's still so much unknown, and we are no way done with this. short tour, full tour....so many risks. is it worth it?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So if DCI runs a short season what would be the cost savings to the corps? Any rough ideas of how much (percentage wise) would be saved?

probably none because of added medical and housing expenses. Plus incoming revenue would be down because i don't see everyone flocking back to see shows, if they even can

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

probably none because of added medical and housing expenses. Plus incoming revenue would be down because i don't see everyone flocking back to see shows, if they even can

I was thinking the decreased show attendance part myself. And trying not to think of streaming the shows to more customers given Flos track record of freeze ups and PO’ed customer service. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was thinking the decreased show attendance part myself. And trying not to think of streaming the shows to more customers given Flos track record of freeze ups and PO’ed customer service. 

DCI only gets so much from Flo....more than likely not enough to make up the loss of revenue. But who would hold a show if you can't have fans? the payout alone to DCI for the corps and judges guarantees a huge loss

A great deal of posts but none actually indicating a corps or DCI has made any statement or additional statement regarding marching in 2021.

Someone was sharing personal stories, Since it was the OP I thought it was good to go and shared my own story, only to get a back handed political reply to my post - followed up with a racism claim. 

Looks like self inflicted derailing of the thread to me.

Edited by E3D

1 minute ago, E3D said:

A great deal of posts but none actually indicating a corps or DCI has made any statement or additional statement regarding marching in 2021.

There’s nothing much left to talk about that doesn’t violate the rules because we aren’t talking about the amazing 2020 DCI shows we just saw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

There’s nothing much left to talk about that doesn’t violate the rules because we aren’t talking about the amazing 2020 DCI shows we just saw.

True, it seems like it was ok but if you try to venture out there the wind is too strong. As in I thought it was ok to share stories and how things are having an affect. 

Edited by E3D

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI only gets so much from Flo....more than likely not enough to make up the loss of revenue. But who would hold a show if you can't have fans? the payout alone to DCI for the corps and judges guarantees a huge loss

My thought was if you can’t have a full stadium for what ever reason, the only option is streaming. And like you said that idea... really... don’t.. do the... job...

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

Someone was sharing personal stories, Since it was the OP I thought it was good to go and shared my own story, only to get a back handed political reply to my post - followed up with a racism claim. 

You know what the (one word) problem was with your reply.... 

• Like 1