What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

All I said was you know what the problem was.... would have been easier not to go there....

sorry for yet another post to remove Mike and John....

I have reported everyone to the fashion police because I know none of you are wearing any pants while online.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Continental said:

I have reported everyone to the fashion police because I know none of you are wearing any pants while online.

Ewwww and JohnZ knows what I look like (we met at DCA years back). 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the downside is a corps getting hit...then they could be stuck somewhere for 10-14 days. oh, and who will house them if they are stuck there? Will the corps have enough medical personnel with them to take care of large outbreaks? Do instructional staff become triage doctors ( at least unless they get it)?

if things are where they are now ( or god forbid worse) how do you let fans in? hell will facilities let anyone in, be it a show or rehearsal or housing? for the coming indoor season many independent groups have just taken the year off because the availability of facilities at anything other than an astronomical price is slim to none. School groups are having issues getting into their own faciltities...think schools just want to open up to outsiders?

I want drum corps as much as anyone here. But there's still so much unknown, and we are no way done with this. short tour, full tour....so many risks. is it worth it?

I already said that corps will not/should not be touring if conditions on the ground are as they are now.  Who are you arguing with?

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 7:14 PM, Cappybara said:

Then so be it. There are many, many things right now that are much bigger than the survival of DCI. I agree that the corps that are charging potential members right now should be ashamed. A 2021 season is extremely unlikely to happen. 

While Jim is right that if the kids understand the risks of the season not happening and not getting their money back it may be fine, but I still find it a pretty questionable practice. 

I agree. What they are doing by charging knowing there is a strong chance there is not a season is right down criminal. Its irresponsible at best. 

Short Bridge tour  2 -2.5 weeks or Virtual... ON FLO like BOA ,DCA and V-US BANDS. WORKS GREAT AND NO TRAVEL, KEEP DCI ALIVE . 

9 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

Short Bridge tour  2 -2.5 weeks or Virtual... ON FLO like BOA ,DCA and V-US BANDS. WORKS GREAT AND NO TRAVEL, KEEP DCI ALIVE . 

Well DCA is Box5 and they have carried 1 regular season show and DCA weekend (mini/prelims/finals) the last few years. But yes watching Finals at home is pretty sweet if travel or long term sitting is an issue

Personally I think DCI should plan on a regular season with fans in attendance. Several vaccines are ready and should be available well before the season starts, even with a late start on rehearsal schedules this shouldn't affect the final product put on the field in late June. Young people have had little issues with this virus, let's protect the vulnerable and get on with life.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, skevinp said:

There’s nothing much left to talk about that doesn’t violate the rules because we aren’t talking about the amazing 2020 DCI shows we just saw.

oh hell those posts break rules too

7 hours ago, Continental said:

sorry too cold in the basement to go commando