What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I already said that corps will not/should not be touring if conditions on the ground are as they are now.  Who are you arguing with?

there are those that read that are full on in denial of how things are. they like to add smiling emojis

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Personally I think DCI should plan on a regular season with fans in attendance. Several vaccines are ready and should be available well before the season starts, even with a late start on rehearsal schedules this shouldn't affect the final product put on the field in late June. Young people have had little issues with this virus, let's protect the vulnerable and get on with life.

Which vaccines are ready?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Continental said:

How exactly would a virtual tour work from a competition standpoint?  Judging via Flo marching broadcast?

Why couldn’t the judges be on location.  With no fans there, I’m pretty sure there would be enough room to keep them 6 feet apart.

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Why couldn’t the judges be on location.  With no fans there, I’m pretty sure there would be enough room to keep them 6 feet apart.

I don't know.  Perhaps you have some ideas as to how virtual would work?  All corps competing at the same location?  What about housing?  I suspect virtual is used as a catch all for a lot of unknowns. 

15 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Personally I think DCI should plan on a regular season with fans in attendance. Several vaccines are ready and should be available well before the season starts, even with a late start on rehearsal schedules this shouldn't affect the final product put on the field in late June. Young people have had little issues with this virus, let's protect the vulnerable and get on with life.

Oh my sweet summer child 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

I don't know.  Perhaps you have some ideas as to how virtual would work?  All corps competing at the same location?  What about housing?  I suspect virtual is used as a catch all for a lot of unknowns. 

You had me convinced that cancelling DCI 2021 was the right call.  Better still, cancel DCI 2022 too.

But there would still be unknowns.  How many corps would fold?  Would a rogue cabal break away from DCI and stage their own tour?  So many unknowns.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You had me convinced that cancelling DCI 2021 was the right call.  Better still, cancel DCI 2022 too.

But there would still be unknowns.  How many corps would fold?  Would a rogue cabal break away from DCI and stage their own tour?  So many unknowns.

I asked a question as to how "virtual" would work.  The term had been used many times on here. 

28 minutes ago, Continental said:

I asked a question as to how "virtual" would work.  The term had been used many times on here. 

You also made a statement... 

53 minutes ago, Continental said:

I suspect virtual is used as a catch all for a lot of unknowns. 

Anyway, "virtual" events could transpire in several ways.  It could be merely a means to provide audience access, while the corps and judges still tour.  Or the corps could take turns performing in the same empty venue, with both judges and the general audience watching online.  Or you could have individual corps performances at separate sites, brought together in a common webcast.  Taken to an extreme, a corps can create a virtual performance with individual corps members all sheltering in place at home, participating via Zoom teleconference or similar technology.

• Haha 1