What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

The DCI "telethon" stuff I saw was all people performing from their homes, with the product somehow assembled/synchronized via Zoom video or similar platform.  There is no "drill" when everyone is alone, but some enterprising efforts included individual auxiliary performers in whatever socially distanced space they had available.  Watching one such guard girl performing world-class simultaneous choreography/flag work on her driveway, all the heart-wrenching pain of a lost 2020 season hit me all at once, and I had to stop watching.

Anyway, this link will give you the idea.  This was a combined performance of members from several corps. I believe.

Even more heart-wrenching pain when her rifle slipped and busted out the window of her mother’s 2020 Toyota Camry.

2 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Lol.....virtual competitions.....thats just too funny....furniture incorporated into the drill....wow. Mark my words here ladies and gentlemen....no DCI in 2021, there won't be DCI in 2022! Education boards and policies have been killing music in public schools for decades, might be too big a mountain to climb after taking 2 years off.

So any viable suggestion? Especially since drum corps is so far down the list of what is important with what is going on today.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Continental said:

I asked a question as to how "virtual" would work.  The term had been used many times on here. 

virtual at least as many band circuits are doing it is judges are viewing the show via video and recording commentary depending on the technology those circuits emply.

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Any thoughts as the date(s) by which DCI will need to make actual decisions for 2021 (vs just discussing options)?

I can't imagine anything before next year. with cases surging now, making an announcement could explode on them

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Continental said:

How exactly would a virtual tour work from a competition standpoint?  Judging via Flo marching broadcast?

YES SAME AS V-US BANDS .  AND WGI 2021.

FANS WATCH ON FLO. 

4 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Lol.....virtual competitions.....thats just too funny....furniture incorporated into the drill....wow. Mark my words here ladies and gentlemen....no DCI in 2021, there won't be DCI in 2022! Education boards and policies have been killing music in public schools for decades, might be too big a mountain to climb after taking 2 years off.

RELAX FRANCIS.  Stop fearing the worst. 

• Thanks 1

IF 2021 does happen, and I don't think it will.....How can a show sponsor run a show? No contest the previous year and limited fans (if contest does happen). Where will the money come from to run a show, pay corps and all the other things that require money?

Maybe going back to an earlier time and do local contests might be the best plan. Smaller stadiums (instead of New Era Field in Buffalo, maybe Jamestown HS stadium).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Not like it hasn't been done before...

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Not like it hasn't been done before...

Think the year Cadets used picnic tables was 2006. Horn line came out with horn in one hand and corner of a table in another. First thought was “I paid $$$ in fees to move furniture “ 🙄