What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

25 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

DCI is 2021 boils down to a saying we had in the military:

Beginners study tactics

Amateurs study strategy

Professionals study logistics

If the logistics don't work, no DCI tour.  Plain & simple as that.

This made me smile, as my military experience revealed a tad less critical thinking on the command side.

It felt more like the Boy Scouts, but without the adult supervision.

FD

former Sgt. E-5, 142nd Armored Div.

25 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, E3D said:

Keep up the good work!   

Well, I use the machines 3 days and add a spin class on Friday, but those were the only emoji's close.  Couldn't find a softball one for BP 3 days and three games a week.  But, the retired Mrs. Nurse says that's why my ulnar nerve is talking to me.  Off to Bullhead tomorrow for a tournament by myself.  Mrs. Nurse never understood my infatuation with D&BC or Senior softball.  But, we're six months away from 48 years.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I think we've seen evidence that vaccine roll-out is going to take longer than expected. Add to that the political upheaval in this country and the financial consequences of the COVIDF-19 outbreak, 2021 is probably not going to happen. I would be much more in favor of the drum corps world observing another year in pause and looking toward 2022. Not that this is something I want, but I would rather then drum corps world make a more slow, purposeful return. But i'm probably in the minority on this. 

• Like 3

I think we are on the right track but to me 2021 is the recovery year. Yes I think it will take over a year to get things back to some normalcy. The infection rates need to come down significantly before we can all gather safely. Masks and social distancing are not going away even with a vaccine. It's a numbers game. I went on the Madison Scouts website about their auditions and the cost for them. In a normal year it's no problem but if there is no season then what do you do with people paying money for something that might not happen? As a lawyer this can cause some legal trouble for even for audition costs whether you made the corp or not.  

Edited by DFA1970
mistake

6 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I think we've seen evidence that vaccine roll-out is going to take longer than expected. Add to that the political upheaval in this country and the financial consequences of the COVIDF-19 outbreak, 2021 is probably not going to happen. I would be much more in favor of the drum corps world observing another year in pause and looking toward 2022. Not that this is something I want, but I would rather then drum corps world make a more slow, purposeful return. But i'm probably in the minority on this. 

Anecdotally, I'm receiving the first dose of Pfizer this Thursday 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Lol was at docs office for BP check and had my forehead temp taken. Lady checked and her face looked like 😳 I had been near one of my non precautions in laws and thought oh oh.... Nope I came in from 39 degrees and temp reading was close to that. Later recheck and 97 which is my “normal”. 🥲

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

My wife is receiving the second dose a week from today.