What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

25 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I agree for the individual corps.

I was wondering more about DCI HQ and their operations in Indianapolis and what’s keeping their doors open.

Gotcha.  Not sure about office rental and such.  Yes, the laid off most of the staff, some of whom are still doing the job on a volunteer basis.  But good question, I’ve wondered the same too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

Better than "see you in September."

well even then if too many people refuse to get it.....

11 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

Donations, mostly.  Or, bingo operations for the ones that have been able to resume.  Most corps probably have/had some savings but that little bit of safety net may be gone at some.  They’ve all been holding fundraisers/fund drives ever since 2020 was canceled.

PPP loans back in the spring, and maybe again this spring

10 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

Not sure.  The one corps I’ve heard their plan was Covid testing prior to arrival and maybe after arrival.  Planning to be “in a bubble” is what it sounded like.  They did not specifically mention vaccination as a requirement.

true but if people are asympotmatic, that shuts them down...and how do you quarantine in a bubble?

Me, husband and 19 year old son all scheduled at NJ mega site 3rd week of Feb, 3 of us aren't in any specific priority health group, except for our occupation. My daughter turns 18 3/11  so she'll have to wait. We are planning on a DCA summer. We have members who have already been vaccinated. Its gonna get better.

Edited by darlacorp
add clarity

4 hours ago, darlacorp said:

Me, husband and 19 year old son all scheduled at NJ mega site 3rd week of Feb, we aren't in any specific priority group. My daughter turns 18 3/11  so she'll have to wait. We are planning on a DCA summer. We have members who have already been vaccinated. Its gonna get better.

A bit of controversy in NJ,now that the state is allowing smokers to

"jump the line" for vaccinations.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well even then if too many people refuse to get it.....

At the delivery pace from "Operation Warp Speed", it won't matter.  Phase 1B, Educators, First Responders, etc, are being injected in the county next door.  But we've been told we'll receive our injection in late Feb or March.  The state 'hotline' for sign up is a total disaster & is being shut down...      

24 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Amazing; does that include the 'Devil's Lettuce'? 😡😷🙄

(That's probably for the drum line, field battery, to get vaccinated.) 🤣

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

5 hours ago, darlacorp said:

Me, husband and 19 year old son all scheduled at NJ mega site 3rd week of Feb, we aren't in any specific priority group. My daughter turns 18 3/11  so she'll have to wait. We are planning on a DCA summer. We have members who have already been vaccinated. Its gonna get better.

That’s the wth part for me. Why even have priority groups if they are not being followed? I’m in the last group and hoping to get vaccinated in Summer. Out of the loop but few weeks back people in a nursing home nearby were still waiting. And originally they should have gotten the shot by that time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Yeah I saw that, but hey I dont judge, it's a risk and they deserve to live too. I would have been extra panicky with any condition or habits that increase risk for death. I'm just lucky and I had mild case of the virus in March and tested positive in June for antibodies, but I'm getting that vaccine asap and if my county is gonna offer me an appt, I'm getting in.