What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

16 minutes ago, darlacorp said:

Yeah I saw that, but hey I dont judge, it's a risk and they deserve to live too. I would have been extra panicky with any condition or habits that increase risk for death. I'm just lucky and I had mild case of the virus in March and tested positive in June for antibodies, but I'm getting that vaccine asap and if my county is gonna offer me an appt, I'm getting in.

I'm not saying smokers don't deserve to live too.

I just don't feel its appropriate to let them jump to the front of the line, strictly because of their habit .

That could  delay other, in my opinion more deserving people, from getting vaccinated.

If lung damage from covid was such a big concern to smokers, they  should have quit, as soon they found out last Spring, how damaging covid can be to  lungs.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm not saying smokers don't deserve to live too.

I just don't feel its appropriate to let them jump to the front of the line, strictly because of their habit .

That could  delay other, in my opinion more deserving people, from getting vaccinated.

If lung damage from covid was such a big concern to smokers, they  should have quit, as soon they found out last Spring, how damaging covid can be to  lungs.

I didn't think you thought they weren't deserving. I dont think everyone even in a pandemic can wrap their head around quitting or dealing with the stress of how hard it will be. I would hope people didnt start smoking in all this, people have preexisting conditions some self inflicted, some not. I just try to believe that people are trying to do the best they can with hand dealt.

44 minutes ago, darlacorp said:

I didn't think you thought they weren't deserving. I dont think everyone even in a pandemic can wrap their head around quitting or dealing with the stress of how hard it will be. I would hope people didnt start smoking in all this, people have preexisting conditions some self inflicted, some not. I just try to believe that people are trying to do the best they can with hand dealt.

Can understand about the health issues that were caused by smoking and other bad habits. But.... people with health conditions are in phase 2 vaccinations. We’re still working on Phase one with health care workers, first responders, teachers, etc. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, darlacorp said:

21 hours ago, darlacorp said:

Me, husband and 19 year old son all scheduled at NJ mega site 3rd week of Feb, we aren't in any specific priority group. My daughter turns 18 3/11  so she'll have to wait. We are planning on a DCA summer. We have members who have already been vaccinated. Its gonna get better.

Wow! How did they get scheduled if they are not in the high priority group here in NJ? Lucky them! 

I am scheduled for my first shot in late February, as I am over 65. Friends in my 55+ development can't get appointments, as they are all booked up near me.

Edited by MikeD

16 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

At the delivery pace from "Operation Warp Speed", it won't matter.  Phase 1B, Educators, First Responders, etc, are being injected in the county next door.  But we've been told we'll receive our injection in late Feb or March.  The state 'hotline' for sign up is a total disaster & is being shut down...      

1B hasn't even started here.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can understand about the health issues that were caused by smoking and other bad habits. But.... people with health conditions are in phase 2 vaccinations. We’re still working on Phase one with health care workers, first responders, teachers, etc. 

Jumping smokers to the front of the line has angered a number of people here in N.J.

There have also been a couple of interesting questions raised about this:

A.How do you prove someone is a smoker ?

B.If you were a smoker and quit,especially if it was recent,are you still considered a smoker ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Don't advertise this, but once they are close to the front of the line, have them show their pack.  If it's "in the car/truck", have an admin person go with them to their vehicle.  If they have an un opened pack, ask them to join that admin person for a smoke break outside.  Check their teeth.  Use a K9(s) dog for a training session.:innocent:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Jumping smokers to the front of the line has angered a number of people here in N.J.

There have also been a couple of interesting questions raised about this:

B.If you were a smoker and quit,especially if it was recent,are you still considered a smoker ?

And what if you smoked or currently smoke and no damage done? Late spouse would be in phase #2 due to seizure condition which was beyond her control. So someone who puffs would jump ahead of her. 😡

Funny as I was at my Blood Pressure check (hey is too d... fat a way to jump line in NJ?). I was asked if I smoked and answer was cigar and pipes decades ago. Try to fit that to a check box.