What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

22 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can understand about the health issues that were caused by smoking and other bad habits. But.... people with health conditions are in phase 2 vaccinations. We’re still working on Phase one with health care workers, first responders, teachers, etc. 

Off topic a bit but Drum Corps related - remember BITD when smoking was allowed, perhaps just not in uniform. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Off topic a bit but Drum Corps related - remember BITD when smoking was allowed, perhaps just not in uniform. 

One of my favorite “you’re not in HS band anymore” stories (joined “Sr” corps at 16). Don the snare aged around 30 was subtle as a train wreck. He just lit up a cig before practice and drum instructor wanted them to warm up. His buddy kidded him about having to waste a cig and response was “the hell I will”. Smoked the whole cig without using his hands once while doing the warm up. When done smoking he turned his head, spit it out and never missed a beat the whole time.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Back on topic.... 2 weeks into 2021 and have any corps released any updates since the new year?

Hope the WHO had it right in Tommy “got a feeling 21 is going to be a good year”. Of course Rog was singing about 1921....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MikeD said:

Wow! How did they get scheduled if they are not in the high priority group here in NJ? Lucky them! 

I am scheduled for my first shot in late February, as I am over 65. Friends in my 55+ development can't get appointments, as they are all booked up near me.

Camden county NJ has opened the mega site up to all who live and work here thru online scheduling. 

• Like 1

Just read that Tokyo has “unofficially” decided they will not be having the Olympics in July. Not sure if unofficial means it was leaked or waiting for a full statement. Edit: other article states Japanese govt thinks it should be cancelled but haven’t worked it out with Olympics committee 

Not looking good if the other big summer event has given up for this year.

Good news is my health provider will be getting some vaccines in the near future for phase 1. Just got the email

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just read that Tokyo has “unofficially” decided they will not be having the Olympics in July. Not sure if unofficial means it was leaked or waiting for a full statement. Edit: other article states Japanese govt thinks it should be cancelled but haven’t worked it out with Olympics committee 

Not looking good if the other big summer event has given up for this year.

Good news is my health provider will be getting some vaccines in the near future for phase 1. Just got the email

Now this morning (Japanese evening) are reports the Olympics are not cancelled.... grab the popcorn for this one folks

Edited by JimF-LowBari