What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Since it's not about the topic at hand, I'll save the popcorn.

Well I threw it in since it’s another big event going on this summer.... something about drum corps not existing in a vacuum... 

hearing through channels that there will be no judging no matter what is offered

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well I threw it in since it’s another big event going on this summer.... something about drum corps not existing in a vacuum... 

It seems no in in the Olympics decision-loop wants to be the one who publicly states 'it ain't gonna happen'.  

I suspect the same is true w/r/t 2021 DCI.

What I hope is that DCI has some firm metrics that need to be met for the 2021 season to happen.  And dates they need to happen by.  I am fine w/ DCI not telling us fans what these are, but I would like to know that these metrics exist.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It seems no in in the Olympics decision-loop wants to be the one who publicly states 'it ain't gonna happen'.  

I suspect the same is true w/r/t 2021 DCI.

What I hope is that DCI has some firm metrics that need to be met for the 2021 season to happen.  And dates they need to happen by.  I am fine w/ DCI not telling is fans what these are, but I would like to know that these metrics exist.

Yeah Olympics sound like they want everyone to agree before the announcement to cover themselves. Thinking quiet from DCI is for same reasons.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

To me any decision needs to be a strategic decision not a last minute one. I really don't know how corps who are going to field some sort of corp doing this and what is required of the participants. Yes  pro sports have done this and there are hiccups but they also have the means and funds to make it safe for their players. Pro sports make money on TV and cable money...not spectators. We don't have that luxury!

38 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That's why everyone is going for "classic" uniforms.

Mike

and as a fundraising ploy

9 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

To me any decision needs to be a strategic decision not a last minute one. I really don't know how corps who are going to field some sort of corps doing this and what is required of the participants. Yes  pro sports have done this and there are hiccups but they also have the means and funds to make it safe for their players. Pro sports make money on TV and cable money...not spectators. We don't have that luxury!

now don't use common sense and logic, this is drum corps!!!