What Is the Latest from DCI/Corps on 2021?

Here’s how I interpret the purpose of this summer product . . .

to keep all the usual components together and functioning. Bolster continuity of communication between participants and stakeholders. Whatever happens is less about in-person attendance, more about keeping a pulse.

Indy drum corps (in any form) will include:

performance opportunities of various types

media coverage

marketing and sponsorships services

local tourism revenue

print and audio/visual product

souvie sales

I’m keeping my Flo subscription, knowing full well live coverage will be less. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

To me any decision needs to be a strategic decision not a last minute one. I really don't know how corps who are going to field some sort of corp doing this and what is required of the participants. Yes  pro sports have done this and there are hiccups but they also have the means and funds to make it safe for their players. Pro sports make money on TV and cable money...not spectators. We don't have that luxury!

I agree it needs to be late, but not too late.  Do you call off the season after members are already in spring training, dues are paid, & Corps have signed bus & food contracts?  Or do you do it early but then regret it because turns out a season (of sorts) could have happened?

IMHO DCI needs to have specific, data-driven decision points that all the participating Corps agree to, & then let the numbers drive the decision, no matter what that decision is.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I agree it needs to be late, but not too late.  Do you call off the season after members are already in spring training, dues are paid, & Corps have signed bus & food contracts?  Or do you do it early but then regret it because turns out a season (of sorts) could have happened?

IMHO DCI needs to have specific, data-driven decision points that all the participating Corps agree to, & then let the numbers drive the decision, no matter what that decision is.

Really, can’t keep saying (or not saying) we’ll let you know for too much longer. Just hit 7 months to go...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

As stated weeks ago, recruiting and marketing.

right. fundraising...appealing to alumni

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Better contact my Congressional representatives & tell them to make sure DCI judges are offered extended unemployment benefits...😎

well they'll probably get the same check most wil

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

hearing through channels that there will be no judging no matter what is offered

I could care less if they are judged.  It might be fun to allow an "all-out" format.  Just entertain me while keeping a high standard, quality product.  Give me a little 'distorted edge' on that low brass.  #Loud&Proud #Park&Bark #MarchOn

:babies:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I could care less if they are judged.  It might be fun to allow an "all-out" format.  Just entertain me while keeping a high standard, quality product.  Give me a little 'distorted edge' on that low brass.  #Loud&Proud #Park&Bark #MarchOn

:babies:

i don't care what they do, as long as they are safe and fiscally responsible.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Has anyone had a go at playing through a mask?

My college MB did a one time show (football for Div II was cancelled) and watched it on line. Nice spread out socially distant drill for about 100 members. Just gotta get creative. March in wearing masks And bell covers for the horns.

Edited by JimF-LowBari