Quiet Times

6 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I think the tabulators are doing just fine considering the unprecedented amount of mail-in ballots. We just need to be patient. 

Oh, I know. The Republican legislature here in Wisconsin passed a law stating they couldn't even start counting absentee ballots until election day. I think Pennsylvania and Arizona are struggling under the same ridiculous restrictions.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Oh, I know. The Republican legislature here in Wisconsin passed a law stating they couldn't even start counting absentee ballots until election day. I think Pennsylvania and Arizona are struggling under the same ridiculous restrictions.

I’m from WI also. It doesn’t bother me so much that they can’t be counted until election day but rather that people expect instant results. Democracy is messy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Yes PA could not start counting until Election Day. This was agreed to by both sides. All they could do is email that your ballot was received. Also first general election with mail ins for PA and appears some counties badly underestimated the resources needed. Hopefully learn for next time

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Welcome to political planet. This site is dying a slow death. 

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure that’s false about Arizona.

• Like 1

let's be honest...a topic comes up, it ends up heading into Covid talk, with various viewpoints that may or may not be politically driven start fights, then the thread gets shut down. so really what else is there to discuss?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1